PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Outside linebacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think that Belichick thinks the need is anywhere as great as many here do. I certainly agree that we would be much stronger with Taylor or Peppers. I certainly would like to see Taylor play for us. Peppers would just cost too much. But in the end, I'd rather use much of our precious cap money to extend Wilfork, Mankins and Gostkowski. If we are to sign a high-profile player, I'd prefer Holt.

Personally, for 2009, I think that Belichick is comfortable with his three man rotations at OLB and ILB, with Crable as a developmental player, and even Redd as possibility for the future rotation. Given the players available in the draft, I expect to see us draft one or even two front seven defensive players early. These player might look great in 2009, or they might take a year to develop. We COULD move up and draft a stud if Belichick sees the player he wants. For example, he might want Matthews badly.

I don't think that Belichick thinks the need is anywhere as great as many here do. I certainly agree that we would be much stronger with Taylor or Peppers. I certainly would like to see Taylor play for us. Peppers would just cost too much. But in the end, I'd rather use much of our precious cap money to extend Wilfork, Mankins and Gostkowski. If we are to sign a high-profile player, I'd prefer Holt.

Personally, for 2009, I think that Belichick is comfortable with his three man rotations at OLB and ILB, with Crable as a developmental player, and even Redd as possibility for the future rotation. Given the players available in the draft, I expect to see us draft one or even two front seven defensive players early. These player might look great in 2009, or they might take a year to develop. We COULD move up and draft a stud if Belichick sees the player he wants. For example, he might want Matthews badly.

Okay, 3-man rotation. Who starts? Thomas, yes. Then who? Woods? TBC? :eek:

I believe that Belichick is comfortable with Woods starting with TBC as the first one in off the bench (unless Crable has a great camp).

I believe that Belichick is comfortable with Woods starting with TBC as the first one in off the bench (unless Crable has a great camp).

Haha, man, it's so messed up to see these names and be thinking "starter".

I'm in the pro-Woods camp, but I feel uneasy thinking of him as the definitive answer opposite Thomas.

Jason Taylor is going ro be 35 when the season begins. Why would we bring him in and try to convert him to LB at the end of his career when we already had Vrabel who was 34 and already knows our system?

Jason Taylor is going ro be 35 when the season begins. Why would we bring him in and try to convert him to LB at the end of his career when we already had Vrabel who was 34 and already knows our system?

Right. Have to agree, but I file this "weirdness" with my WTF stance on him being a toss-in on the Cassel trade.

I'm fine with our #23 or #34 draft pick competing with Woods for the starting job.:)

Haha, man, it's so messed up to see these names and be thinking "starter".

I'm in the pro-Woods camp, but I feel uneasy thinking of him as the definitive answer opposite Thomas.

Right. Have to agree, but I file this "weirdness" with my WTF stance on him being a toss-in on the Cassel trade.

lol.... Got a good laugh out of that one

Taylor played "cobra" in Miami...stood up at the line and rushed from both sides

I'm fine with our #23 or #34 draft pick competing with Woods for the starting job.:)

Man, that totally sets my mind at ease, haha.

I am not sure if Coach Belichick views OLB as a big need or not, nobody on this board can be sure of what the coach is thinking.

That said, I honestly can't imagine the Patriots going in to next season without a significant addition to a defense which was horrendous on 3rd downs and in the red zone. If that significant addition is not at OLB, then it almost has to be at corner. I don't see the Patriots spending big dollars at the CB position, so my guess is that they will be spending money on a significant addition at the OLB spot vacated by Mike Vrabel.

Move Guyton to the outside, and sign either Brooks or Ray Lewis on the inside.

They tried Guyton at OLB last year for a few series. Then Colvin was suddenly "ready to go".

I believe BB is comfortable in knowing that he has completely confused the hell out of us this offseason :D

Im done trying to figure out what he's up to. The team will be great, and in BB we trust. :eat3:

I believe BB is comfortable in knowing that he has completely confused the hell out of us this offseason :D

Im done trying to figure out what he's up to. The team will be great, and in BB we trust. :eat3:

Hes confusing the hell out of EVERYONE!!

Hes confusing the hell out of EVERYONE!!

I just wish there was a way that BB could communicate with the real fans, and still be able to keep his secrets from the media, and other teams. A secret Patriot society. :D

I just wish there was a way that BB could communicate with the real fans, and still be able to keep his secrets from the media, and other teams. A secret Patriot society. :D

Yea that would be great!! I would join the Patriots secret society!! If you leak out what the secrets are we will beat the hell out of you!! :beatingcoming:

When BB walks into the room everyone kneels. :youtheman:

We had our first meeting last week.

ews_movie_57.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye