Welcome to PatsFans.com

Outside donations buoyed Brown

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Feb 24, 2010.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +147 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Thats what i thought most of browns money came from outside mass, 70% in fact. There was just to much being spent for it have come from ma citizens alone. This means to me that his election wasn't the angry uprising that people portraited it to be.

Out-of-state donations buoyed Brown in final campaign days - The Boston Globe

In the last 19 days of the race, nearly 70 percent of the 12,773 contributors who gave more than $200 to the Brown campaign were from outside Massachusetts, a Globe review shows. By contrast, in the first 109 days of Brown’s candidacy, when he was still considered a dark horse, less than 8 percent of Brown’s 1,766 contributions of more than $200 were from out-of-staters.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 6 / -2

Money is one thing, votes are another. The fact that he got the votes to win, as a republican, in Massachusetts, for Ted Kennedy's old seat, would reinforce the notion of public anger. At least to me anyway. The public support, and grassroots campaign, were lead by the voters of Massachusetts. Clearly the money was from elsewhere mostly, but the support was local. IMO opinion anyway. Not that my opinion is worth much. :(

3. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +147 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I don't know RW it got to the point that i thought brown was the only one running. When i thought vote i started to automaticaly think Scott Brown.

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

You think that was bad - wait until the next elections when corporations are allowed to donate as much money as they want to advertizing for political candidates.

5. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +147 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

If its as bad as it sounds like it could be i won't be able to turn on the tv Or the computer. It would just be to much. I'll have to take up some non electronic media hobby.

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Dude, I know.....I might even have to get a life or something!!!

7. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +147 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Well an enormous amount of money was concentrated on one race in one place. I don't know if that could be done to the extent it was in Mass.....mam

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Brown would never have been elected in Massachusetts without the help of Obama and The Pelosi Gang, when a Left Wing Democrat state Like Massachusetts votes for "The Enemy" you know The People Are Mad and Disgusted, it makes no difference where the money came from, in the end it was the people, the angry people that gave Brown his victory, did he just sh!t on them, we'll see?

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Don't play it off like you have some great insight into 'the people' when you have no clue and never did. You and Real World have been so desperate to backtrack from all the Brown spit swapping you did during the election its not even funny. Your support for him was about cutting Obama's nuts off and that's it. It never had anything to do with Brown at all, and now that you've suddenly discovered he's not quite Nazi enough to suit your tastes you want to rewrite history.

10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

wow ... cat scratch fever there.