Welcome to PatsFans.com

Outrage: What Took So Long?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Feb 7, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We have known for years that there was a huuuge racket in Iraq. Our tax dollars were doled out like effing lollipops to Iraqis under Paul Bremer.

Billions went to who knows whom. Billions and billions in CASH. From our treasury to them, with ZERO accounting.

This is an absolute SCAM. This is on Bush's head. Billions of dollars stolen under this administrations watch. These scumbags turned and looked the other way while OUR money went to our enemies, our friends, and anyone looking for a handout.

We have been played like for ignorant fools because WE HAVE A FOOL RUNNING THIS OCCUPATION and we have fools supporting him.

Now WTF took so long to start even looking at all the billions that didn't go to "support our troops" but went to who knows who.

No wonder why our enemies have begun to acquire such deadly weaponry. We gave them the money to acquire it and the training to use it!!!

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

countdown to commencement of irrelevant Clinton deflection in 10... 9.... 8....

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

There were people who had to be paid, those who ran the power plants, water plants, cleaning up. How would you have gottent funds to these folks? Remeber thisis in the aftermath whne thing were in flux.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, we could talk about Bosnia, the USS Cole, the aspirin factory bombings during Monica-gate, or a whole host of other incidents, but we won't. It *is* outrageous that this kind of abuse has taken place. Of course, if Clinton had gotten bin Laden when he had the chance ....

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

BTW the money wasn't from "our treasury" IT was Iraqi funds that had been frozen by the US being returned to Iraq.

Patters made the same error this morning.

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

and there it is... how predictable...

anyhow, was Clinton in office when we had Bennie Laden cornered at Tora Bora 60 days after 9/11? wow... i had no idea he came back to try and rescue Curious George... awesome!

7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, you asked, and as you know: I aim to please. :D

No, I was thinking of the years 1993-2000, when Clinton himself has said he "had many chances to kill or capture bin Laden", but he just didn't get the job done because of "somebody else's mistake". Etc.

8. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Excuses for piss poor reconstruction management from the #1 Bush apologist. Your talking points are almost identical to Bremers own testimony. Whadda surprise. Is this the way you run your business/finances? I highly doubt it.

This is, you know, only the tip of the iceburg. If you watched any of the oversight hearings yesterday, you get the sense that this was simply an opening salvo.

Congress is going to look closely at the fraud that went completely unchecked for years under the Rapes, and there is sooo much to look forward to. We get to see how these cost plus contractors worked. And the indication is that no more money for you war profiteers until you prove you didn't fleece the taxpayers out of tens, possibly hundreds of billions, while shortchanging the troops.

9. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Maybe if he wasn't so preoccupied with trying to work with the Republicans he might have had more time doing what was right. That, it turns out, was his first mistake. He fell for their "wag the dog" hype.

10. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

BTW...do you think any of that money found its way into Al Qaeda hands?

If that is really an acceptable strategy for you, why don't we just bomb them with hundred dollar bills over a two month span and be done with it. Our troops could come home today.

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

It worked like the Big Dig did. T & M basically. Time and material. Personally, I'v never liked that in my experiences with GC's, or subs. There are obviously instances where such a process makes sense, or is logical, but I've tried to avoid it as much as possible in my own business dealings. The war is not different than any other government run, or government funded program or operation. The only difference in any of them is the magnitude of the waste. When someone in office tells you it's going to cost a dollar, you'd better expect it's going to cost $150. The Big Dig, Katrina, the War, etc...financially, the only difference is that the latter, is larger than the former, but all of the principles remain the same.

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +366 / 11 / -27

Bin Laden has nothing to do with Iraq, Bremer was a political appointee who knew little about the task and he f...ed up royally.

13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Try responding to a simple question. How would you have proceeded. We all wait for your brilliant insight with baited breath.

14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

How would you have handled things in Iraq given the absence of a financial system?

Just curious?

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

So it's republicans bad, democrats good? PressCoverage, is that you? :D

I'm teasing of course, but leaders need to lead, don't you agree? It's why I feel criticisms of the wars prosecution, in relation to GW, are valid. It's his animal, and therefore he deserves the responsibility.

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Royally could be an understatement.

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Everything over there is done in cash, or at least 90% of everything. That aside, Bremer & Co. did make some serious mistakes. They totally miscalculated the ramifications of De-Baathification, and disbanding the army.

18. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How would I have proceeded?

I can tell you I wouldn't have backed in trucks full of cash to dole out to every Tom Dick and Harry Boy that came knocking, with no paper trails, and no understanding of who was going to do what. Thats what this amounts to.

You seem to have the impression that all this money was well spent. That is more evidence of your deep seeded delusions.

Let me ask you a simple question. Would you run a business this way? If your house was knocked over by storm and you had the cash, but no insurance, would you just start handing it over to anyone who said he builds houses at any cost? WTF???

You really can't be serious. At least you can acknowledge that this was a enormous waste of tax payers money. Or are you simply off the deep end?

19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

To sum up you don't have a clue about what you would do, just that you wouldn't have don what Bremer did. Thanks fo rthe solution.

BTW the Cash referred to in the article wasn't taxpayer money it was the Iraqi's money. If Waxman is interested in waste he should look at medicare and get back to us.

20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

I am quite sure that all sorts of things got screwed up. That's what happens in wars. If someone can point to a war that didn't have numerous f'ups, they will be onto the scoop of the century.