PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Outrage vs. the Colts...Where is it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you get the memo - it would've only been a classless move had BB been the coach.

I did not get that memo. That memo is in your dreams. Nobody did anything classless. Both coaches do what's best for their teams, or did you hear otherwise?

I agree it's the Colts right to sit there players but seriously why would you do that when you have a bye week next week.

Are you guys blind? They played their starters for a while. They did what was best for their team, in their opinion (which happens to count more than our opinions.)

You guys seem to know about life in the NFL but you go belly up and forget all those things when it comes to other teams. Do you really think that when Bill put Cassell in against the Dolphins it was any different? You do what's best for your team. What is best for your team is determined by many factors, and fans have no clue what some of the factors are.

Quit trying to prove that somebody is hatable by inventing stuff. This is pathetic behavior on the part of mature men who supposedly know the game.

The Colts earned the right to rest, we owed Cleveland nothing, there situation was not our problem. Im sure if the Pats were 14-1 the other night playing the Giants and had everything wrapped up they wouldn't have played there starters very much either. I give props to the Pats for going for and getting the undefeated record though.

You're right. That is sound NFL knowledge, and anything to the contrary is nose-pick whining on the part of the Amnesia Haters.

The idea that the Colts owed something to Cleveland is so ridiculous that it makes me want to laugh. The guys saying this are not that stupid either. They know their stuff. They get amnesia and go into whiner mode whenever something happens to give them a reason to whine.

I wonder if MLB and NBA fans do the same thing? Probably. It seems like really whiney stuff to me, complaining that the Colts rested people. Man, if that triggers you then you have a load of something stuck up your butt and you'd better buy some exlax.

The LARGER point is that Cleveland won 10 games against team that put up a fight and Tennessee won 1 fewer than that.

The Largest point is that they didn't win enough games, no matter what the count was. They lost a winnable game recently, and they paid the price. It sucks, but it's reality. The Titans played in the toughest division in the league, and no amount of rules-redirecting is going to change the outcome.

Niether team was going anywhere anyway. It's pretty obvious that the only way those two teams go anywhere is to combine one's offense with the other's defense.

The idea that the Colts owed something to Cleveland is so ridiculous that it makes me want to laugh.

I agree with you - but now you know how Patriot fans felt when we were told the team we rooted for was classless for letting their players play the entire game. The Patriots have just as much a right to play their top players, let their top players continue to work on stuff, get chemistry, etc. as the Colts have the right to rest their players.

This is football, professional sports - you do what's best for your team. The Colts did what they had to, I just think it's a load of crap that after all the shyt the Pats took for looking out for numero uno, Dungy isn't getting any criticism (save for us Pats fans just trying to point out the hypocrisy) for doing the same.

Again, I think Dungy did what he had to do, what he felt was best for the team - and that's all that should matter. But that's what BB has been doing and been getting criticized for.

The Largest point is that they didn't win enough games, no matter what the count was. They lost a winnable game recently, and they paid the price. It sucks, but it's reality. The Titans played in the toughest division in the league, and no amount of rules-redirecting is going to change the outcome.

Niether team was going anywhere anyway. It's pretty obvious that the only way those two teams go anywhere is to combine one's offense with the other's defense.

They DID win enough games. They lost on tiebreakers, not games won. And, again, any team that does not go undefeated has lost a 'winnable' game.

Oh man. A Chargers fan still pumping their chests over beating us a few times. Just like they did before they faced the Pats last season in the playoffs.

Want to talk about this season. Missing most of our o-line and most of our passing weapons and we would have won the game if not for a missed chip shot FG.

Fact is you won but you looked like crap and if not for a special teams meltdown by the Colts and you had 7 offensive points in the entire game. Whoopie. Manning throws 6 picks and still put the team in position to win.

As for the record, tonight the Colts had many starters on the verge of playing but they were still not 100% and they did not want to risk further injury and were being cautious. And with the dirty cheap ways of the Titans I would rather not see Harrison or Brock or Mathis go down for good.

And seeing Manning get his arm hit by the Titans before he left the game and seeing them twist Wayne's legs when they tackled him did not leave me feeling very good.

Whine whine complain everyone. Colts could do what they wanted in this game and they earned that right.

What number do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey