PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Outrage vs. the Colts...Where is it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think the Giants had any less incentive than Indy? I would say it was more.

indy and dallas went into their games with the ability to knock division rivals out of the playoffs. they also had 2 weeks of rest ahead in contrast to the giants who have to play a physical bucs team next week.

of course its debateable which truly means more to a team, preventing history or taking it to your rival, but this whole 'pride' BS that the media kept pushing for the giants shouldve been pushed for indy/dallas if its a legit theory.

Hey dumbass, we won there earlier this year. Newsflash we won EVERY game this year.

Have fun losing to the Titans next week, loser.

And what happend last year, "loser?" You missed the point, we have beaten them twice in a row. Try writing a post without resorting to name calling. It's the glaring sign of a weak mind.

Ummmm, clearly the point of this thread is not to question the Colts' attitude toward this game. I'd tend to think we all agree that you can exercise the right to treat your final game(s) however you please if you can get to that point. You win enough to lock up a playoff spot, you get to choose what you want to do. When the Pats "rested" their starters in the 2005 Dolphins finale, replete with Flutie's drop kick, and Cassel's two point conversion that ended up in the 15th row, they did so knowing that they had a better first round matchup as the fourth seed. They earned the right to treat that game however they wanted to because of the outcomes of the previous 15 games. No one here is questioning that...

This thread is just yet another complaining about the deifying of Saint Dungy. I completely agree with the repulsion and hypocrisy of the idea, but I'm not sure it warranted another thread. But we all know that BB would be called classless and raked over the coals for jumping up and down like mini-Wade Phillips had an opponent got laid out like that. We all know Bob Costas, Merrill Hoge, Mike Ditka, Bill Plaschke, etc. (i.e. all the mediots whose opinions we mistakenly value, for some reason) look for any reason to diminish Belichick and this team's accomplishments because he makes them work for a quote, or dig for a story, and he's not personable in press conferences, and he dresses funny, and he's monotone, and yada yada yada.

Something like Costas saying "Were it not for an inconceivable miss by Vinatieri, and 10 minutes in that first game, we'd be saying the Colts were the greatest team of all time, and NOT the Patriots!", or Plaschke ripping Brady for yapping at Anthony Smith (despite his manical trash talking pregame and during the game), yet defending LT 2 minutes later for walking away from a TEAMMATE because "it's an emotional game, and in the heat of the moment, football players are emotional guys" might have bugged me before, but in the end, who cares? Screw the media, let's just enjoy the ride...

You know what I have a problem with? Paymeaton playing long enough to get his precious 4000 yards but not long enough to play to win a game with playoff implications. Dungheap is a hypocrite.

Either play or don't play, but don't pull BS like this.

OTOH, we have a whole new city of Colt haters now :D

In a game, with playoff implications for the Browns, where is the outrage against the Colts for treating this game as if it is meaningless??

Everyone was all ready to pounce on the Giants had they rested their players against us.....why not a word about the chicken Colts??

Where is King and Collingsworth and all the other mediots on this issue??

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, they owe it to the Browns, both teams fans and the NFL in general.

Talk about classless?? Come on Polian & Dungy.......

I think most of us just don't care that much about the Colts anymore. At least not until we know they're coming to Foxboro. Whatever they want to do is fine with me...Personally, I'm sick & tired of outrage:rolleyes:

I have no solution to propose but there is something very wrong with one team making it over another solely because one opponent didn't give a sh!t enough to try. It was really shameful.

Do people really care how long Dungy leaves in his starters? Anyone using this as a talking point is stretching.

Do people really care how long Dungy leaves in his starters?
Teams depending on the game being played fairly do. Like the Browns. As I said, there's no good solution but that doesn't make it right - or good for the NFL.

I have no solution to propose but there is something very wrong with one team making it over another solely because one opponent didn't give a sh!t enough to try. It was really shameful.

ok, but that didn't happen. even with 1 game against the Sorgi Colts, the Titans played a harder 16 game schedule than the Browns. per DVOA, #29 vs #11 before today. so, even with today in mind, the Titans faced tougher opponents

Last edited:
ok, but that didn't happen. even with 1 game against the Sorgi Colts, the Titans played a harder 16 game schedule than the Browns. per DVOA, #29 vs #11 before today. so, even with today in mind, the Titans faced tougher opponents
You're right. And I've pointed out several times that the Browns only beat one team (Seattle) over .500. So, by some miracle, the NFL may have squeezed the better team into the playoffs. But the concept that a team gets booted because of a 3rd party team tanking still sucks.

But the concept that a team gets booted because of a 3rd party team tanking still sucks.

but again, that didn't happen. the Browns, playing a far inferior schedule, had plenty of chances to win 1 extra game, and they didn't. a W in Week 2 counts the same in the standings as a W in Week 17.

so, the Browns got booted b/c they played weeks 1-16 worse, not b/c of the Colts today.

but again, that didn't happen. the Browns, playing a far inferior schedule, had plenty of chances to win 1 extra game, and they didn't. a W in Week 2 counts the same in the standings as a W in Week 17.

so, the Browns got booted b/c they played weeks 1-16 worse, not b/c of the Colts today.

Unless you believe that the Colts would have lost even if they had tried hard with their starter for the entire game, your argument is wrong.

I'm trying to say, generically, for a random set of teams in a random year, it's not good. Had Tennessee played Indy, say, Week 5, a different team probably makes the playoffs. As it turns out this year, the better team probably made it. But in general this isn't a good situation for the league.

Who cares? What difference does it make? The Titans won't get past the Chargers, nor would the Browns have.

Much ado about nothing, just like the Redskins getting in instead of the Vikings. Neigher one is going anywhere.

Unless you believe that the Colts would have lost even if they had tried hard with their starter for the entire game, your argument is wrong.

no, b/c you can't just consider week 17, you need to consider ALL 17 weeks.

Titans schedule in weeks 1-16 + Sorgi Colts >>> Browns schedule week 1-17

that is my point. the Browns can't really ***** b/c of that that.

and, one could probably make the case that the Sorgi Colts (with 1+ quarter from Manning et al) would have beaten the 49ers today. I mean, those 2 teams are pretty close

Re: Outrage Vs the Colts...Where is it???

Colts are worthless from the owner right on down to manning can you say COWARDS

Either you are ignorant or just stupid.. either way its apparent you have no clue what your talking about.

no, b/c you can't just consider week 17, you need to consider ALL 17 weeks.

Titans schedule in weeks 1-16 + Sorgi Colts >>> Browns schedule week 1-17

that is my point. the Browns can't really ***** b/c of that that.

and, one could probably make the case that the Sorgi Colts (with 1+ quarter from Manning et al) would have beaten the 49ers today. I mean, those 2 teams are pretty close

What's Tennessee's record if they lose?

Hey, there's that extra win for Cleveland all of the sudden.

The rest is just nonsense. Cleveland isn't out because of the number of wins, but because of tiebreakers. There were 3 10-6 teams in the AFC this season, and 2 of them made the playoffs. Had the Colts actually shown up for the last game, it's quite possible that there would have only been 2 10-6 teams and both would have made the playoffs without resorting to tiebreakers.

You know what I have a problem with? Paymeaton playing long enough to get his precious 4000 yards but not long enough to play to win a game with playoff implications. Dungheap is a hypocrite.

Either play or don't play, but don't pull BS like this.

waaaaaaa waaaaaa... your a bit-h

What's Tennessee's record if they lose?

Hey, there's that extra win for Cleveland all of the sudden.

The rest is just nonsense. Cleveland isn't out because of the number of wins, but because of tiebreakers. There were 3 10-6 teams in the AFC this season, and 2 of them made the playoffs. Had the Colts actually shown up for the last game, it's quite possible that there would have only been 2 10-6 teams and both would have made the playoffs without resorting to tiebreakers.

your ability to miss the point is stunning. of course the 1st string Colts could have beaten the Titans today. the LARGER point is that Cleveland had 15 other chances to get 1 extra win against a far inferior schedule, and failed. to say the Browns didn't get in b/c of this game completely ignores that fact that in weeks 1-15 the Titans were a better team, and they may have even faced a harder week 16 opponent! you are completely ignoring strength of schedule

if you want to talk about injustices, than talk about the unbalanced schedule.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back