PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Outrage in the AFC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Well, after this weekend can anyone believe that the NFL is an unbiased playing field?

I feel like I am watching professional wrestling!

It's obvious the NFL didnt want the Patriots back and are pulling for Manning and his Colts big time.

I truly believe that the Steelers have gotton more screwed over than the Patriots. Do the refs even know what they are doing? WTF are they looking at?

I agree the officials today are worse.

I can't believe the refs didn't find a way to throw the flag on that sack.

I never buy into bad calls and all that, but after the last to games, it really seems like the NFL wanted the Colts in the Super Bowl.

Well, the refs tried every which way to give Manning a chance and he still couldn't do it. Overturning Polomalu's INT was terrible and just about a bigger disgrace than the interference call in last night's game.

BTW- if we're going to have replay, they simply must change it so ANY play can be reviewed for any reason. No whistles, flags, turnovers of any kind should be exempt from review. You get two and you can use them on any single call of the game no matter what.

The interception call was a joke. The no-call on the Colts D offsides when the refs blew the whistle was a crime. If there was no penalty, why blow the whistle.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Well, the refs tried every which way to give Manning a chance and he still couldn't do it. Overturning Polomalu's INT was terrible and just about a bigger disgrace than the interference call in last night's game.

BTW- if we're going to have replay, they simply must change it so ANY play can be reviewed for any reason. No whistles, flags, turnovers of any kind should be exempt from review. You get two and you can use them on any single call of the game no matter what.

They DID review the interception...and STILL got it almost criminally wrong.

Brady'sButtBoy said:

I agree. As in last night's pass interference call, this would allow the head referee to review the call of his subordinate, instead of having no recourse on a flag thrown from half a field awayand a bad viewpoint. Today's INT overrule shows that the head referee won't always do the correct thing, but opening more calls up to challenge needs to be addressed, if only to make those calls less arbitrary.

coltshater said:
I truly believe that the Steelers have gotton more screwed over than the Patriots. Do the refs even know what they are doing? WTF are they looking at?

ya, I will agree with that

the Pats had a horrible pass interference call, but the Steelers had one of those PLUS an OVERTURNED INT that nearly cost them the game.

the refs should feel ashamed for their work this weekend.

Both games were horrible

Not sure if I can pick one of the other. You have to remember there were more blown calls in the Pats game then the PI. NFL should never let bad officials call playoff games, the home crowds will always sway their decisions, which did happen in both games.

you got that right

bball831 said:
I never buy into bad calls and all that, but after the last to games, it really seems like the NFL wanted the Colts in the Super Bowl.
Yup, they did. This is no BS. The Donks were supposed to win last night. The Dolts and Bears today. I've already seen two bogus calls in the late game. Well, one bogus call and one non call for a late hit out of bounds.

I saw one of those news channel/cable channel expose's about nfl officiating. They had a couple of ex-officials squeal. Was on last year. Everything from ball spots to call/no calls is passed down from the league. In non material games that were supposed to be big ones when the sched was made, they are to add as much drama and closeness to the games as possible, in order to hold up sagging ratings. We witnessed this on MNF this year. Alot.
In big and playoff games, they aren't told to job any team, but "be sure to call the secondary tight" (that was the dolts pats playoff game last year), or, "let the o line play" these are to help the big offense superstar teams like the dolts and to hinder teams like ours.
Saw this show, will try to find out on line which one it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes