PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Outchoached....and we choked for the 1st Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We played not to lose.......horrible play calling in the 2nd half.This team was exhausted,but we should have
run more plays after Indy punted.

No Dillon.....Maroney was invisible.

TBC is whaT I've always said:"just another guy.

Manning erased all talk about not winning the big one......also Dungy outcoached BB......

However,if you look at this game ,the Colts,especially,Manning and Dallas Clark,made plays that champions make,we did not.

Lastly,Recche Caldwell,looked like a deer in the headlights,and on the last drive,he cost us dearly.

Last edited:
Re: Outchoached....and we chocked for the 1st Time

We played not to lose.......horrible play calling in the 2nd half.This team was exhausted,but we should have
run more plays after Indy punted.

No Dillon.....Maroney was invisible.

TBC is whaT I've always said:"just another guy.

Manning erased all talk about not winning the big one......also Dungy outcoached BB......

However,if you look at this game ,the Colts,especially,Manning and Dallas Clark,made plays that champions make,we did not.

Lastly,Recche Caldwell,looked like a deer in the headlights,and on the last drive,he cost us dearly.

We had our chances to put them away and it falls on the players.

I would fault the playcalling in the third qtr, they were sellling out to stop the run, the Play Action passes would have been perfect, but.....

Dillon had a play that went for a big gain... so I don't think that you seen that.

When did Manning win the big one?

This game wasn't the superbowl.

I'm going to vote for the Bears in the superbowl.

I truly cannot stand this Dolt team.

Actually, I'm not even going to watch the superbowl.

I disagree with a lot of what you say, but we were outcoached. However, it was NOT Dungy over Belichick- it was his coordinators over ours. What happened to jamming Clark at the line with Alexander, which worked so well in the first half? What happened to the pass rush during the 2 minute drive at the end of the 1st half, up until the fourth quarter? They let them tie the game up and then they tried to play defense again.
McDaniels. The guy doesn't have what it takes, YET. I think he has a good future, but it takes a lot of experience to be a good play caller. They NEEDED first downs to give the defense rest, and he can't come through.

Chocked?

The offense played plenty well enough to win. And it almost always seems like the team got "outcoached" when it loses. The same coaches the got us a 21-3 lead are the ones you're saying blew the game.

They made plays. They blew us off the line for the whole second half and were making 9 yards a play. We barely forced a third down for the whole second half. There's no coach that can fix that.

Front office NEEDS to address the wide out position next year in the draft. No ands, ifs, or buts.

Caldwell suxxass.

not outcoached at all.. outplayed.

No one, IMO deserves to be fired solely as a result of this game.

I think there are definitely players where the Pats could make upgrades, but to say that Caldwell "suxx" because he had one bad game was absurd.

The biggest reason this game was lost? The Pats D couldn't get off the field for a long stretch of time.

Youy play like sh*t in the 2nd half and then you can lose your share of games in the NFL. And to blow a lead like they did it goes to the players for letting it slip through their fingers and emerging as losers.

I don't think we were out coached but I do think Dungy finally gets it and really reeled that team in at half time. Two years ago they turtle after that big lead.

Maroney was never the same after returning from the injury this year. I do wonder about not using Faulk or Dillon more in the second half but the Pats were on the field for so little of it.

Chocked?

The offense played plenty well enough to win. And it almost always seems like the team got "outcoached" when it loses. The same coaches the got us a 21-3 lead are the ones you're saying blew the game.

They made plays. They blew us off the line for the whole second half and were making 9 yards a play. We barely forced a third down for the whole second half. There's no coach that can fix that.

The O needed to give the D a blow in the 2nd half and we ran on first into 9 in the box, dumb, a couple of PA passes would have changed the game. They didn't adjust until the game was tiesd and we were stuck in a shootout.

I just can't help but wonder why they couldn't run a couple running plays, and kill some clock to give the gassed Defense some time to breathe? However, the majority of the blame lies on the players.

The defense ran out of gas, thats all. When you have the flu first thing to go is stamina. Did any body see bruschi ? he was white as a ghost and looked like death. I have a feeling that the team was alot sicker than what they led on. when was the last time this d gave up 32 in a half?

We had our chances to put them away and it falls on the players.

It falls on everyone. The Colts made the adjustments at the half and the Pats didn't. 32 points in the second half.

We lost to a great team and a great quarterback. Live with it!

We all would have been overjoyed at any time during the season if we were told that we would be four points down in the Championship Game this year with over a minute left with the ball in Tom Brady's hands. If Brady had pulled it out, we would have talked about all the heroes of the game. For me, all the play of first 59 minutes doesn't change because Tom didn't pull of another miracle.

Dillon had a play that went for a big gain... so I don't think that you seen that.

When did Manning win the big one?

This game wasn't the superbowl.

I'm going to vote for the Bears in the superbowl.

I truly cannot stand this Dolt team.

Actually, I'm not even going to watch the superbowl.

I'm saying that we abandoned the run in the 2nd half......Was Faulk injured?

It comes down to a defense,no matter how many guys are injured,giving up 32 points in the 2nd half.

Inexcusable......the Pats Lb play was horrible in the 2nd half..The pass to Dallas Clark on the last drive was an incredible and critical.

To have a too many men in the huddle,you deserve to lose.Bad time management,stupid!

Do not put this loss on the Pats offense,the Colts scored 32 points in the 2nd half after being down 21-3.

I disagree with a lot of what you say, but we were outcoached. However, it was NOT Dungy over Belichick- it was his coordinators over ours. What happened to jamming Clark at the line with Alexander, which worked so well in the first half? What happened to the pass rush during the 2 minute drive at the end of the 1st half, up until the fourth quarter? They let them tie the game up and then they tried to play defense again.
McDaniels. The guy doesn't have what it takes, YET. I think he has a good future, but it takes a lot of experience to be a good play caller. They NEEDED first downs to give the defense rest, and he can't come through.

I really *hate* the "prevent defense", and especially against a desperate team like the Colts, in front of their home fans, so hungry to prove they can win the big one. Bad move to go soft when what we had been doing so aggressively has worked so well. That allowed them to take the initiative away from us. Boo.

The "prevent" defense only serves to allow a team to re-build its shattered morale, lets them think they can get back into it, and tonight that is exactly happened. We could have pulled this off tonight. We played well with good play calls, and the breaks went our way in the first 24 minute, but then we let it slip away. Bad choice by BB on that. We should have kept the peddle to metal, put them down and stepped on their neck, but we let 'em up. A shame.

Oh, well.

Last edited:

I'm saying that we abandoned the run in the 2nd half......Was Faulk injured?

It comes down to a defense,no matter how many guys are injured,giving up 32 points in the 2nd half.

Inexcusable......the Pats Lb play was horrible in the 2nd half..The pass to Dallas Clark on the last drive was an incredible and critical.

To have a too many men in the huddle,you deserve to lose.Bad time management,stupid!

Do not put this loss on the Pats offense,the Colts scored 32 points in the 2nd half after being down 21-3.

When did I put the loss on the offense?

I don't remember saying that...

The linebackers must have been REALLY sick.

We lost to a great team and a great quarterback. Live with it!

We all would have been overjoyed at any time during the season if we were told that we would be four points down in the Championship Game this year with over a minute left with the ball in Tom Brady's hands. If Brady had pulled it out, we would have talked about all the heroes of the game. For me, all the play of first 59 minutes doesn't change because Tom didn't pull of another miracle.

All that really matters is if you've won or lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down