PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Out-Takes on car-flags and the King of Pop

Status
Not open for further replies.
While that all may be very true about fans in LA, there are two separate forces here. One is finding an owner who would find a way to make fielding a team in LA worth his time and money. The other, perhaps more importantly, is the networks.

The networks seem to be convinced that a team in LA will draw more viewers to their commercials, I mean NFL game, which will allow them to negotiate higher ad rates with their customers/business partners/advertisers.

As an entity the NFL's real money is in television revenue, not gate receipts.

To me the intriguing question is this: if additional television revenue were to be made by fielding a non-profitable (due to local non-interest) team in LA, would the NFL consider subsidizing that team in order to enhance all 32 team's profits? Or would that just open up a can of worms that other team owners would also try to exploit for their own personal gain?

Good thoughts on a complicated subject. Thanks for the POV.

Good stuff, especially about LA.

Yeah, another good article. thanks for posting the link.

LA is in a class all by itself when it come to weirdness and bizzaro-ness. If they really wanted to, I suspect that the owners could just play in an empty stadium, with piped-in crowd noise, and CGI-fans on a giant blue screen. :cool:

Good stuff. Are you no longer posting these on JI? I love the exchanges about your articles there.

I started taking a lot of shots at the jets and, having enjoyed the support of a handful of guys there, I felt like it would put them in a weird position for having stuck up for me and the column. I mgiht go back, but they were cool to let me post it there, and it felt wrong to continue doing so when I kept being forced - by Rex Ry, Bart Swaggerlicious and Kerry Rhodes - to slap gang green around rhetorically.

I started taking a lot of shots at the jets and, having enjoyed the support of a handful of guys there, I felt like it would put them in a weird position for having stuck up for me and the column. I mgiht go back, but they were cool to let me post it there, and it felt wrong to continue doing so when I kept being forced - by Rex Ry, Bart Swaggerlicious and Kerry Rhodes - to slap gang green around rhetorically.

Fair enough. Hope to see you back there.

Thanks. I'll stop by and post in other threads. Not sure if it's right/fair to post Out-Takes at JI, though. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes