Welcome to PatsFans.com

Out of the two

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by MOSS, Mar 11, 2011.

?

Who is the most like political community of the two

Poll closed Mar 28, 2011.
  1. The Daily Show/Stewart

66.7%
  2. Glenn "paranoid" Beck

33.3%
  1. MOSS

MOSS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who is more beveled in America, Jon Stewart or Glenn Beck? Both had big rally's last year and both names are household. However, I think Stewart is more loved then Beck is and here why.

1: He has a large fan base from teens to people in their sixties.

2: He's a liberal but he bashes all sides. Where Beck just says about how much he wants to kill Pelosi and wants people to fear Obama taking their guns away to black people.

3: Stewart is more comedy, where Beck is more serious, when the show looks more like Stephen Colbert then a real pundit show:singing:.
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Where is the they both s#ck choice?
  3. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This, from someone who probably never sat through a week of Beck, then researched his references.

I think Beck is a sensationalist and a trouble mongerer. But he wakes people up every day. Much of what he says is still his neocon christian right hawk heritage. But he is learning. He is slowly waking up and looking at the fascist globalist right as well as the left. And to really research a GOOD Beck show is to go down the rabbit hole.
    [​IMG]

That is the best part of Beck. Sometimes when you really dig, you find he has taken things out of context or spun them. Most times, not.Sometimes, its just not so much fitting the theme. Most times not. But its always an adventure into the "out of their own mouths" experience. Down the wormhole.

Stewart is a political hack who uses sophomoric humor to placebo the masses into listening to his progressive, neo communist drivvel.
  4. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you want honest, centrist political commentary, without spin (as long as you consider the US Constitution as the center), there is only one true honest commentator out there.

Judge Napolitano. Freedom Watch. Weeknights. 8PM Fox Business channel.

You dont have it? Get it!!!
  5. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh, one last post before buzzed pass out and a weekend of engagement party hell..
    I watch Stewart and Colbert at leat 3 x per week. I read the Huffington post. I want to know what inspires the opposition. It empowers me.

Now I have to go to bed so I can begin to open the checkbook for TWO daughters marrying in the next year or so. Just shoot me. Now. Please!
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Seriously. I don't watch either.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Do not watch any of them, and sometimes when I am in pub or someplace and they are on, my choice is validated...
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Show Biz
    Beck Has His Blackboard
    Stewart Used To Have Bush

Both Full Of Sh!t
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:bricks:
  9. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

personally, i was more entertained with the daily show when it had craig kilborn as it's host

but then it went all political, and it's just not as funny
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

You still stand by your statement that Boston is a racist city jcdavey?

Why do I doubt you'll have the courage to respond....???
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  11. MOSS

MOSS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Stewart and Colbert aren't that far left. Hell, even the ******* Hufflington Post isn't far left. It's defintley in the left but not as leftist as people say it is. True leftists is guys like Vladimir Lenin and Eugene V Debs.
  12. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

I disagree with both assessments, at least partly.

I've only watched Beck a few times, at the urging of a Republican friend. It was almost complete garbage. The one time I actually listed all the lies and misrepresentations, the list was staggering -- this was especially the case w/his references to the founding fathers and the Constitution. What was telling was that my buddy didn't really even argue it as I went through the list with him.

As for Stewart, I suppose he's a political hack, but he doesn't pretend to be a politician so it's kind of an odd criticism. His humor is definitely sophomoric at times. However, it's often the result of pols and media pundits' hypocrisy.

He rarely offers all that much in his own political views, though, so the comment about getting people to listen to his drivel doesn't make sense at all. In fact, in one of the rare cases where he put forth any kind of extended pov recently, it was about the fingerpointing in the wake of the Tucson shootings, and his views and his criticisms (as his criticisms usually do) both cut across party / ideological lines.

He doesn't hide that he's a Dem, but his show isn't exactly a political opinion show.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Stewarts lost without Bush.
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

15. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Neither. Try Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld! It's more panel-based and admittedly right-leaning; Greg and the great Andy Levy are conservative, but Bill Schulz provides a liberal counterpoint. But the important part is that it's more of a comedy show that's just fun to watch.