PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Out of the 7 games left, what one are you most hyped for?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What game are you most hyped for?

• @ Bills

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • vs Eagles

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • @ Ravens

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • vs Steelers

Votes: 86 56.2%
  • vs Jets

Votes: 39 25.5%
  • vs Dolphins

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • @ Giants

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago I would have said Jets, but I think the spygate scandal is beginning to lose it's efffect. People are slowly forgetting about it. I know you have an occasional Don Shula type mouthing off in front of a camera, but mention of it is waning each week. Even Shula, a far more respected football person than Belichick, got trashed by 90% of the media for his comments.

To me, Pittsburgh on December 9 is THE GAME. Presuming both teams go 3-0 in the next 3 weeks, Pittsgburgh plays the Jets, Miami and Cincy, this will be the game that we can clinch homefield throughout.

Plus, this will be the first Patriots/Steelers matchup in 2 1/2 seasons. Both teams look very different than the ones that played for the AFC championship in 2004. Beating them to clinch homefirld would be a statement that the Patriots are STILL the class of the AFC. STILL reigning supreme over the Steelers.

Steelers. Lots of food, lots of drinks and lots of yacking between Penn Boys and Boston Banters. Should be very interesting.

A few weeks ago I would have said Jets, but I think the spygate scandal is beginning to lose it's efffect. People are slowly forgetting about it. I know you have an occasional Don Shula type mouthing off in front of a camera, but mention of it is waning each week. Even Shula, a far more respected football person than Belichick, got trashed by 90% of the media for his comments.

To me, Pittsburgh on December 9 is THE GAME. Presuming both teams go 3-0 in the next 3 weeks, Pittsgburgh plays the Jets, Miami and Cincy, this will be the game that we can clinch homefield throughout.

Plus, this will be the first Patriots/Steelers matchup in 2 1/2 seasons. Both teams look very different than the ones that played for the AFC championship in 2004. Beating them to clinch homefirld would be a statement that the Patriots are STILL the class of the AFC. STILL reigning supreme over the Steelers.

Brady ****ed their day up in '05 as well, completing his last twelve passes to drive the Pats to the win. In Pittsburgh no less.

JETS

because I'll be there.

Steelers game will be good to watch on the TV

That's where I am, too. Even if the Pats dropped a game before then, that game would still be the last realistic chance for another team to swipe HFA.

JETS, JETS, JETS.......Pay back time.

I am always most excited for the next game. In addition, I think the bills have improved since the initial meeting. Although if Marshawn Lynch is out that changes things.

I vote for the jets and their ratbastard coach and fans, want to see a 35-0 shutout, limit them to like 4 first downs..

I'm just focused on the next game. ;)

The 16-0 game.

I'm up for the Steelers, other then the Jets, their the last team left that shot off their mouths about spygate. Everyone remember Hines and Ben saying there was no doubt that this is how the Pats beat their offense. In saying so, showing the entire world just how stupid they were considering offensive signals were not part of the equation.

I'm so ready for that game that I'm going to it. Traveling FROM Pittsburgh to my brothers and going to the game. Living in Pittsburgh has been a nightmare the past few weeks because everyone here honestly thinks there's no doubt the Pats are going down at the hands of Big Ben. Everyday, I get people coming by with their thoughts on how the Pats are going down. I printed out the Steelers schedule with the results and the current records of the teams they played. I taped it to my door and it was promptly stolen. It too bad they forgot I'm the IT guy, I figured out who did it and blocked all personal email for that user, "Hey it's against company policy, jagoff" The poster is back on my door ;-)

I thought the whole idea was to look ahead, since were just fans !

I do agree, I am looking forward to the next one, you know why, it's the sooner then the rest.

I must be getting superstitious.

I think it would be great to go 16--0, but what I really care about is getting Home Field throughout the Playoffs and winning the SB. To do the former, assuming that the Colts win out, we can go 5--2, as long as we beat the Steelers. If we lose to the Steelers, we have to go 6--1 (assuming that the Steelers win out and the tiebreaker comes down to "head to head").

If we get to the Giants game 15--0, I would rather that we keep our top starters off the field and especially that we keep Brady away from that pass rush.

My real concern is that I don't think it's there for any team to go 19--0. The odds over a single season are just too long. I worry that the odds are that 16--0 leads to 18--1 or something worse.

I must be getting superstitious.

I think it would be great to go 16--0, but what I really care about is getting Home Field throughout the Playoffs and winning the SB. To do the former, assuming that the Colts win out, we can go 5--2, as long as we beat the Steelers. If we lose to the Steelers, we have to go 6--1 (assuming that the Steelers win out and the tiebreaker comes down to "head to head").

If we get to the Giants game 15--0, I would rather that we keep our top starters off the field and especially that we keep Brady away from that pass rush.

My real concern is that I don't think it's there for any team to go 19--0. The odds over a single season are just too long. I worry that the odds are that 16--0 leads to 18--1 or something worse.

Well, you don't have to worry about the 19-0 odds, because the only odds that matter now are 10-0 odds. How difficult is a 10 game win streak in the NFL leading to a Super Bowl? Not easy, but the 2001 Patriots got 9 in a row...

no doubt...PIT

The Steelers. Because there's just something about beating a certain rented mule that brings tears of joy to your face that is not quite like beating any other rented mule. :D
Also, do you remember the Steelers reserving their hotels for the Superbowl before playing the Pats? I sure do. I'd love to see our boys rain on their party again.

Last edited:
JETS because I'm going to that game. The most significant game will be the Squealers game when we crush the ESPN nonsense about Squealers #1 in the power rankings. Ratburger goin' down!

Indeed.

The Fred Flinstone of QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill