Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ourlads Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by drpatriot, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drpatriot

drpatriot Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

http://www.ourlads.com/2006NFLMockDraft.html

21 New England Patriots
    Alan Zemaitis DC Penn State 6020 205 4.50
    Patriots are looking for corners, and a big press corner like Zemaitis could be their man. A wide receiver or safety would also fit.

Interesting choice. Darnell Bing, Manny Lawson and Ashton Youbouty were still on the board. Tamba Hali didn't make the first round.

2. borisman

borisman On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unless the Pats sign a top cornerback in free agency(not bloody likely), they need to draft one very early. Like the first round. I would prefer Youboty over Zemaitis. He's been improving the last two years and looks like a shutdown corner. If he's BB's type, he's the pick if available.
    With Starks and Poole probably gone, Samuel, Hobbs and Gay will have to hold the fort until the kid's ready.

3. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Damn. They even predict the 40 times.

4. KDPpatsfan

KDPpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

NFL Networl's coverage of the senior bowl indicated that Youboty wasn't looking very good in coverage.

5. LetsGoPats36

LetsGoPats36 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wowwwwww.... Zemaitis???? Are they serious?

I'm sorry, I don't like to criticize mocks because believe me, I know how challenging they are. But that is a horrible pick. Zemaitis isnt a bad player, but there is no way he is worth the 21st pick in the draft

6. LetsGoPats36

LetsGoPats36 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Youboty might be one of my least favorite players in the draft.

Everytime I watched Ohio State this year, Youboty was the one getting burned and letting all of the big scores by him. He had some plays that were impressive but I don't understand why hes being vanuted as this first round type player. Keep in mind that he played with possibly the best front 7 in the NCAA. That front 7 would make a lot of corners look better than they actually are.

Also, when I see people defend him their case is usually "Ohio State corners have been good historically, so Youboty will be definitely be great" and "Did you see how good OSU's defense was this past year? Youboty must be a stud".

Honestly, I came away more unimpressed with Youboty than any other player on OSU's defense. The guy I thought who did a really good job in their secondary is Nate Salley.

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

I like Tambe and would take him in a heartbeat at 21

8. borisman

borisman On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Youboty

You guys are tough on Youboty. It's not like he's being touted as the next Champ Bailey. But I surely see him as a Chris Gamble type. He got no respect when he was drafted either. Now he's a borderline pro-bowler.
    We need CB help & he's the best available at pick 21. Greenway or White will not be there. He played in the second toughest conference & more than held his own. This talk about him getting burned all the time is non-sense. He also did allright vs. Braylon Edwards, a top 5 pick, as a sophomore. He broke-up 14 passes as a soph & 19 as a jr. He's also big (6'1), fast (4.38) and athletic. That's a nice package to work with. If he's still on the board, BB will strongly consider him as the pick.
    Every prospect has weaknesses. Even the great Bush. So let's not just dwell on the negatives. He has alot of stregths that outweigh his coachable weaknesses.

9. Art_Vandelay421

Art_Vandelay421 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Db

Sorry guys but if both Youboty and Richard Marshall from Fresno State were available at 21, I would go with Marshall.

10. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +30 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

They are predicting he runs a 4.5????

11. bkinnas

bkinnas Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like Cromartie not as a first round but a mid-high second. After spring practice he was named the the number 1 corner in D1 by Rivals and scout.
    "I still plan on being involved with team in terms of meetings and practices. I talked with Coach Andrews about that earlier today. I want to help out however I can even if I'm not playing. I'll go to meetings and try to help out the young guys and then go out to practice to help them out with things I might see with their technique."

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=432886
    He had a recent interview were he said he would be 100% by combine.

12. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

all i know is that if cromartie is there at 21, and the pats dont pick him, well end up regretting it, mark my words, remember this at December 2006

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.