PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"our weak link"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaczur did a fine job on Sunday.

No clue what fan1960 is talking about about regarding run defense... If we are weak behind Seymour, it is because Tully Banta Cain can't tackle against the run.

Last edited:
Addai's strong running is up the middle and to the left. I think Seymour will be fine. Keep in mind that while Tomlinson's running to the left side of the line is about normal for him, his season average to the left sideline for the season is a shocking 7.6 YPC - his best by far of any direction.

Kaczur did a fine job on Sunday.

No clue what fan1960 is talking about about regarding run defense... If we are weak behind Seymour, it is because Tully Banta Cain can't tackle against the run.
The d-lineman needs to keep the blockers from opening big holes in the run game. Sure, then, the LBs and safeties make most of the tackles. They don't run over Wilfork's position, for example. like the ran through Sey's.

Addai's strong running is up the middle and to the left. I think Seymour will be fine. Keep in mind that while Tomlinson's running to the left side of the line is about normal for him, his season average to the left sideline for the season is a shocking 7.6 YPC - his best by far of any direction.

:eek: Is that right?

{No, I said it was to the left} :p

That is astounding.

Seymour is fine. It's his 'chemistry' with the run-defense-challenged Tully Banta-Cain that is lacking. He's used to having Vrabel on his hip, now he's gotta pull some extra weight with Tully playing over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back