PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Seven Linebackers (with 1-3 open spots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll drop out here, I think any more discussion will just constitue biyatching at each other which i dont want to do.

That goes with much of the previous, but not in a mean way.:D Whatever, they're all in the mix to some extent as we have no guarantees at the position, or positions.

I personally love the look of Cunningham on vid and hope he turns into the type of player we need.

That goes with much of the previous, but not in a mean way.:D Whatever, they're all in the mix to some extent as we have no guarantees at the position, or positions.

I personally love the look of Cunningham on vid and hope he turns into the type of player we need.

One thing we can agree on is we can both hope Burgess never sees the field because that means Cunningham and Crable are healthy and for real.

One thing we can agree on is we can both hope Burgess never sees the field because that means Cunningham and Crable are healthy and for real.

I have high hopes for Cunningham. Actually, I'm not sure Crable is even a real person, at this point, much less a real OLB. Seriously, I liked his athleticism in brief preseason looks, so we'll see.

Burgess got a hell of a lot of snaps somewhere last year and I really don't care as long as he contributes to the team, if needed. He's likely a one year stop gap either way, whether or not our young guys take over.

We've got five first day (old rounds 1-3) linebackers (or conversions) now, who woulda thunk it a few years ago?

Looks like they've changed approach with the market changing, so we'll see how it goes.

I'll leave it with his Patriots biography because, apparently, really playing outside linebacker is different than what writers consider starting at outside linebacker.
I don't understand. THe hell with the writers. Can't you just watch the game and see where he is at the snap and what he does post-snap? Won't that tell you what you need to know?

I don't understand. THe hell with the writers. Can't you just watch the game and see where he is at the snap and what he does post-snap? Won't that tell you what you need to know?

It's May

If you have your personal crib sheet of how many snaps he played, in what package and at what position last year, post it, or take a hike.

Last edited:
It's May

If you have your personal crib sheet of how many snaps he played, in what package and at what position last year, post it, or take a hike.

they have that stuff at profootballfocus --- who were you talking about?

I don't think they really play much of the same position, so I wouldn't say one has all that much to do with the other.

Last edited:
they have that stuff at profootballfocus --- who were you talking about?

I don't think they really play much of the same position, so I wouldn't say one has all that much to do with the other.

Sure they do. Burgess will get his reps subbing in as DE in the nickel/dime.
That is the spot Cunningham and Crable would play in the nickel/dime.
So if Burgess never sees the field, it means one or both of them have beaten him out for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back