PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Secondary SUCKS without Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS It's not as if Talib getting hurt was the result of being 'injury prone'. It's because Welker frigging shanked him. Watch the play again.

I've seen players get hurt making a 'phantom cut' and then tearing something. This wasn't that type of injury. It was Welker taking out Talib. It's almost as if someone set a 'bounty' on him.

Part of me agrees that this particular injury doesn't scream "injury prone," and yet another part of me looks at the fact that he's never once successfully finished out a season in 6 attempts and wonders.

On top of that, he historically misses about 20% of every single one of his 6 seasons in the NFL, has gone down in consecutive AFCCG when we needed him the most, and continues to battle a pretty chronic situation with his hip for 3-4 years in a row now, which could flare up and cause him to miss time at any given point.

It will all come down to Belichick's feelings about it, and I hope he is retained, but not for anything more than 5.5m AAV on a 3-4 year deal.

And if the secondary really sucks as bad as you're claiming it to without Talib, then that's an issue that needs to be addressed on its own.

You can't build an entire secondary around one player who misses time in every single season, that would be horrible business practice.

I don't think they suck, I think DEN poses the toughest offensive matchup in the league. I would still think that they should address it, however. We need improvements made at Gregory's position (even if he's kept as a rotational player for a much lessened cap hit), and possibly even with an additional draft pick/free agent player.

Get Brent Grimes. Did good in MIA and stayed healthy

every Secondary will suck if your facing 4 guys with ten plus TD's with no pass rush at all

It's funny that so many had such deeply intense problems with the thought of going out and getting guys like DRC, Brent Grimes, etc, yet they have proven to be very effective with their teams on reasonable deals.

I agree that our secondary sucks without Talib. Problem is, signing him for 2014 and beyond doesn't guarantee that those future secondaries won't be WITHOUT TALIB.

I agree that our secondary sucks without Talib. Problem is, signing him for 2014 and beyond doesn't guarantee that those future secondaries won't be WITHOUT TALIB.
Why should the New England Patriots start stockpiling injury prone players? One is too many as it is with Danny Amendola and the New England Patriots jettisoned Glass-IR Dowling during preseason.

Grimes was my choice last year. Unfortunately, he's stated that he wants to stay in Miami, and he's likely to command top of the FA CB class money.

Why should the New England Patriots start stockpiling injury prone players? One is too many as it is with Danny Amendola and the New England Patriots jettisoned Glass-IR Dowling during preseason.

Because when they play they are great and improve the team dramatically.

Otherwise, we may as well walk away from all of Gronkowski, Edelman, and Talib as soon as possible.

I'm not advocating keeping players who suck, but players who are talented and have injury concerns are a bit of a different animal.

Because when they play they are great and improve the team dramatically.

Otherwise, we may as well walk away from all of Gronkowski, Edelman, and Talib as soon as possible.

I'm not advocating keeping players who suck, but players who are talented and have injury concerns are a bit of a different animal.
Rob Gronkowski is under contract for the 2014 NFL Season while Edelman and Talib are not.

Rob Gronkowski Contracts, Salaries, Cap Hits, & Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back