PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our reputation as 'cheaters' is now sealed forever....so how can we move forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'll blow over better than you think in time.

Sure people will remember this and haters will always remain and call them cheaters, but it won't be a Barry Bonds, Pete Rose magnitude level by any means.
I see this is getting negatively received. So you really all think Brady will be looked in the same light as Barry Bonds?

Sheesh. Take it easy on that.

Are you serious? Half the nation thought we were cheaters based on Cameraplacementgate and Kraft just sealed that moniker on the team forever and ever and ever . . . This does not go away

Folks in the public have been calling the patriots cheaters at least since the snowplow came on the field against Miami. (I saw that on a non-football board just last week). And folks think that Kraft suing the league is going to STOP folks from considering the patriots cheaters? Kraft has no such powers. As he said, haters will be haters, no matter what happens in the current situation.

The answer to Spygate was for the patriots to win more game than any other team since that punishment was handed down.

EVERYONE, including haters and fans, understand that the patriots live at the edge of the rules. That's fine. Bear it like a badge. And yes, once in awhile, the team at the top will be hated or punished. The answer is not to whine, the answer of the patriots has been to WIN.

Last edited:
I see this is getting negatively received. So you really all think Brady will be looked in the same light as Barry Bonds?

Not Brady, the Patriots. Brady's reputation will depend on how far he will go to fight for his reputation. I hope it is far indeed.

• Agree
Reactions: SNL

you could even argue Brady is more hated than barry bonds. people don't hate brady because he is a 'cheater'. people hate brady because he is brady.

The answer to Spygate was for the patriots to win more game than any other team since that punishment was handed down.

EVERYONE, including haters and fans, understand that the patriots live at the edge of the rules. That's fine. Bear it like a badge. And yes, once in awhile, the team at the top will be hated or punished. The answer is not to whine, the answer of the patriots has been to WIN.
No, now it is universally understood they cross the line and break the rules. Winning won't erase that. I'm not whining. But I would go very far to fight to uphold my reputation and I would never sacrifice it for my so called pals in the billionaire boys club,

I say we should actually cheat. Let's go all out. We may as well be cheating since we have the reputation now.

Dude - that's too funny. Best reply ever.

Fool. Every team cheats. But only one team is called cheaters. I'm surprised there's any room left in the patriot's owner's ass for your head. Geesh.

you could even argue Brady is more hated than barry bonds. people don't hate brady because he is a 'cheater'. people hate brady because he is brady.
But that's acceptable hate. Emraceable hate.

But that's acceptable hate. Emraceable hate.
I don't want to be off-topic. But this is something I would expect to be said by a jets fans.

They all have a worse name.

Losers.

Winning the SuperBowl next year would shut everyone up and do a whole lot to prove they don't need 0.5 ****ing PSI less than legal to win games. (since some idiots out there genuinely believe that)

God it would be so damn satisfying to see them win SuperBowl 50. It would be huge for their [publicly viewed] legacy as well.

Now trade Garoppolo for Joe Haden and we won't skip a beat on D.

Well I live in Central Florida and everything I hear is from Dolphins, Giants, Eagles, Yucks ( I mean Bucs) fans. Patriots have no cred, Cheatriots, Belicheat, Culture of cheating, History of cheating, Ive heard it all everything is tainted and this STINK will never wear off. No one remembers when other teams cheat outright, Jets, Falcons, Browns it all comes back to the patriots being cheaters. I cant believe this *&%^$%$#$% owner trading his credibility, honor and reputation to protect a shield that so often rams it in his a**. It says Patriots cheat all over it. maybe its time to move on and find an organization that will go to the wall for its reputation (at least al davis never bowed down to the man). Bet Green bay wouldnt let them do this to Rogers. Time to join the Cheese Heads? this is 2nd to the worst thing that could have happened (krapft telling Brady to roll over (which is next on his ass kissing agenda) being #1. THIS STINK WILL LAST FOREVER.

How can you trade Garopolo when he will be starting next year? really?

too many here pay wayyy too much attention to the chatter..just enjoy the games on sunday.

Thanks jellyfish.

If I'm the arbitrator, i'm thinking " hey, brady's owner admitted to wrongdoing/bowed down to the commish, why should i overturn his suspension "

thanks kraft!

Sticks and stone may break my bones but 4 Lombardi's sure are nice.
Pretend we are hearing impaired. We call out other teams and they call us out. That's life.

I'm going to wait a little while before I lite my fuse to see what the deal really is. I know that's silly but that's me.

Us pats fan need something from Brady, I don't care if it is just a damn Facebook post. Something to give us a reason to continue our unwavering support, unlike the sellout owner of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes