PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

condon84

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Our offense looks great when we play with urgency and open it up. Even though Cassel missed Moss and had some errant throws, overall, I think he played great. I've been griping about our conservative playcalling and settling for FGs. Tonight, our group showed that they can go up and down the field spreading the ball AND staying aggressive in the red zone.

If one of those two FGs we had in the first half were TDs then this game would have been different. But then again, if our defense had showed up in the first half or at the end of the game and OT, we would have won too.

Also, Brad Seely's unit continues to suck it up. Great field position on the first two possession and a TD in the third kickoff.

I'm still optimistic. We shot ourselves in the second have several times. We tighten things up, stay aggressive on offense, while our rookies on defense get experience, then I believe we'll be ready for the playoffs.

Last edited:
One (hopeful) positive out of tonight's lose is whoever is responsible for calling chickenshlt offensive playcalling might actually open things up a bit from now on.

One (hopeful) positive out of tonight's lose is whoever is responsible for calling chickenshlt offensive playcalling might actually open things up a bit from now on.

Yeah, you know that's what we are all hoping for. The ball was in his hands in the second half and he delivered. Even though there were some miscues by other players on offense that derailed us, Cassel kept coming back when he could have easily just have lost focus. The guy was balling.

Wonder what our coaches will do next week. But you know, for some reason, I think they might turtle up again and go conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes