PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our offense is so predictable at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
RayClay said:
So they lost????:confused:

Seriously, if you would read some threads here and post in them instead of starting a new thread every time a thought comes into your head, you might learn something about how a team wins three Super Bowls.

You see a team with a succesful first 5 games and room to improve and you think their wins were all flukes because they didn't hit some statistical threshold you have in your head.
The games all but 1 so far were wins but each game has areas that need to be worked on-no game is perfect,even the Cincy game - Lets forget about the past - the 3 super bowls won were all different types of teams with different players,coordinators on several areas and we were just good enough to overcome changes that happen via free agancy with a big reason being the intelligence of our Coach and coordinators (just about all the good assistants are gone-we are left with this Mcdaniels idiot) - However,You just cannot dwell on the past to assume we can win the SB every year with whatever players we have,we have a 1 in 6 chance to get to the big one when the playoffs start like all other teams (unless we get a bye,then 1 in 4)
To say that the past bodes well this year or next is a true homer from head to toe,2002 and 2005 years are examples of why just because we have the best QB,HC and FO in the league does not always wind up with our team holding a trophy and parade in downtown Boston - Every year is different, many players are different,some coaches are different and the team in whole is different - Brady says that every year,BB says that too-so just because we surprised in the past does not mean its going to happen again and again and again...​
Just go with the flow,watch the games week to week and hope that we can grab that brass ring again in the end.​
BOTTOM LINE of my point to you is the past means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in 2006,Its what you do this year with the players you have this year and the coaching decisions you make in each game every week this year-not the past 3 super bowls-get over it,we won them,celebrated and we move on to try again for another,Wonderful memories are just that 'memories' - Get that straight,Wake up and move on to the 2006 team - there is alot of work to be done yet.​

PATRIOT64 said:
The games all but 1 so far were wins but each game has areas that need to be worked on-no game is perfect,even the Cincy game - Lets forget about the past - the 3 super bowls won were all different types of teams with different players,coordinators on several areas and we were just good enough to overcome changes that happen via free agancy with a big reason being the intelligence of our Coach and coordinators (just about all the good assistants are gone-we are left with this Mcdaniels idiot) - However,You just cannot dwell on the past to assume we can win the SB every year with whatever players we have,we have a 1 in 6 chance to get to the big one when the playoffs start like all other teams (unless we get a bye,then 1 in 4)
To say that the past bodes well this year or next is a true homer from head to toe,2002 and 2005 years are examples of why just because we have the best QB,HC and FO in the league does not always wind up with our team holding a trophy and parade in downtown Boston - Every year is different, many players are different,some coaches are different and the team in whole is different - Brady says that every year,BB says that too-so just because we surprised in the past does not mean its going to happen again and again and again...​
Just go with the flow,watch the games week to week and hope that we can grab that brass ring again in the end.​
BOTTOM LINE of my point to you is the past means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in 2006,Its what you do this year with the players you have this year and the coaching decisions you make in each game every week this year-not the past 3 super bowls-get over it,we won them,celebrated and we move on to try again for another,Wonderful memories are just that 'memories' - Get that straight,Wake up and move on to the 2006 team - there is alot of work to be done yet.​

The past means a lot if you learn from it.

I guess if you have the attention span of a mayfly, that doesn't apply.

RayClay said:
The past means a lot if you learn from it.

I guess if you have the attention span of a mayfly, that doesn't apply.
I guess then that the Baltimore Raven SB champs of 2000 were the same team as 2001..or the Steelers of 2005 and now so far in 2006 are the same team - Teams are good or bad year to year BUT NEVER the same exact unit - Get out of the past Brain Surgeon-we change players and coaches and results are different every year - Remember if you are still in the stone ages I got news for you,there is something called Free Agency - and more money offers for top coordinators (Weis for example) that change things on a great team and ruin potential Dynasties,I am hoping we are not one of them but don't hold precious hope out its all gonna happen again the same way just because it did in the past-as a fan you pray it will and watch each week and hope they win and never lose,thats what a fan does.
Its like saying if you pick the winning numbers in the pick 6 lottery standing on your head you will win it every time you do that,thats how dumb remaining in the past is-GET REAL!​

hwc said:
No kidding. They were one of the top defenses in the league statistically coming into the game. And, more to the point, a defense that has consistently made Tom Brady look bad.

Sometimes I think Pats fans tend to forget that the other team gets paid to play, too. It's only been a few years since the 2001 season. Have we all forgotten how hard it is to win games in the NFL?

Personally, I'm not jumpin' off the Tobin after a kneal-down win against a division rival.

I don't think Miami is a top defense....Look at there opponents...Houston..Tennessee.....Buffalo..........And Pitt(Really th eonly team with an offense)......I mean none of these teams have produced offensively, so I would expect Miami's stats to look good right now....The fact is Only Losman had a worse QB performance then Brady against the Phins.............We had great field position today for the entire first half and our offense couldn't produce..It is early, and I think we will hit a stride, but right now for whatever reason our passing game just hasn't left the starting gate!!!!! I mean like I said, I think Brady needs and the offense need to get better, but I think there is a lack of leadershipo and direction coming from Mcdaniels...He is just a kid, and maybe his lack of experience or ability is showing!!! I bet we are in the market for an offensive coordinator next year!!

PATRIOT64 said:
I guess then that the Baltimore Raven SB champs of 2000 were the same team as 2001..or the Steelers of 2005 and now so far in 2006 are the same team - Teams are good or bad year to year BUT NEVER the same exact unit - Get out of the past Brain Surgeon-we change players and coaches and results are different every year - Remember if you are still in the stone ages I got news for you,there is something called Free Agency - and more money offers for top coordinators (Weis for example) that change things on a great team and ruin potential Dynasties,I am hoping we are not one of them but don't hold precious hope out its all gonna happen again the same way just because it did in the past-as a fan you pray it will and watch each week and hope they win and never lose,thats what a fan does.
Its like saying if you pick the winning numbers in the pick 6 lottery standing on your head you will win it every time you do that,thats how dumb remaining in the past is-GET REAL!

I think they do more than flip coins in the off season.:confused:

I'm not sure, but I think that Belichick guy is still here. And the player picking guy, Pioli?

And that Brady dude. Of course there are some new people.

I think that Maroney guy might make the team. And that Dillon dude used to be pretty good. I know cause I found this really cool site called Nfl.com.:cool2:

NEM said:
Mister Kraft has my phone number. :D

I think it's actually his head of security who does NEMmie.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back