PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our next three games

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK. We play Minn, followed by the Cots and the Jests.

Looking at our injury report we have guys that are banged up. In the big picture, the Vikes game does not really mean much. The Colts are an AFC team and the Jest are an AFCE team.

I know that BB or the team could give a sweet crap about what we think. But, the way I look at it is that we should leave behind most of the guys that are on the injury report, except Brady. If we lose to the Vikes, no big deal. I won't be happy watching us lose but in the grand scheme of things, it means very little.

I want the team to be as healthy as it can be for the Colts and the Jest. Beating the Colts and Jest is important. Those games reall mean something.

Agree? Disagree? Don't care?

PATSNUTme said:

Looking at our injury report we have guys that are banged up. In the big picture, the Vikes game does not really mean much. The Colts are an AFC team and the Jest are an AFCE team.

I know that BB or the team could give a sweet crap about what we think. But, the way I look at it is that we should leave behind most of the guys that are on the injury report, except Brady. If we lose to the Vikes, no big deal. I won't be happy watching us lose but in the grand scheme of things, it means very little.

I want the team to be as healthy as it can be for the Colts and the Jest. Beating the Colts and Jest is important. Those games reall mean something.

Every game means alot-
Tough stretch,on the road-quality team,on the road-quality team,Jets closest division rival.
We NEED at least 2 out of 3,and all teams will play like it's the playoffs.
Minn, Want's to prove themselves against a championship team,Colt's were alway's a proven ground for them,and Jets are looking at this as confirmation
that they can compete.
Every teams going to give us there best and we start with MINN a very physical team.
Hope I'm wrong but looks like a very tough month to me.:confused:

I agree, Patsnutme. If ever there was a game they didn't need to win, this is it. But that doesn't mean I want them to lose. I'm sure that the guys that are really banged up will stay behind. It's not like they don't have other quality players to activate off the roster anyways.

1 Game At A Time

My greatest hope is that the banged up players get the rest they need, yet we pull out a win in Minnesota anyway. Just because some of our guys don't play doesn't mean we necessarily have to lose the game.

Bella*chick said:
My greatest hope is that the banged up players get the rest they need, yet we pull out a win in Minnesota anyway. Just because some of our guys don't play doesn't mean we necessarily have to lose the game.

That's our MO anyways.

Don't misunderstand. I DON"T want to lose this game. I don't want to lose any game.

All I'm saying is that this game does not mean as much as the next two. So get the guys healthy for those games.

PATSNUTme said:
Don't misunderstand. I DON"T want to lose this game. I don't want to lose any game.

All I'm saying is that this game does not mean as much as the next two. So get the guys healthy for those games.

I understand that, dude.

Bella*chick said:

That reminds me of our win in Denver on MNF without Seymour, TJ, etc.

I look at this as a game we/should must win.
Vikes are a physical team,and I expect both teams will be beat up at the end.
I know we'll play the undefeated colts after this game and I'de rather win against the vikes,lose if necessary against the colts to win, again against the divdision jets(who have a easy schedule getting ready for us)
We own the colt's in the big games!

HAMMERMILL said:
Every game means alot-
Tough stretch,on the road-quality team,on the road-quality team,Jets closest division rival.
We NEED at least 2 out of 3,and all teams will play like it's the playoffs.
Minn, Want's to prove themselves against a championship team,Colt's were alway's a proven ground for them,and Jets are looking at this as confirmation
that they can compete.
Every teams going to give us there best and we start with MINN a very physical team.
Hope I'm wrong but looks like a very tough month to me.:confused:

I completelly agree with your opinion but is one road-quality team, one quality team at home and the Jets Div rival at home...

Sorry, NUT, I know you don't want to lose the game....it's just that over the years, we have played a lot of games like this......key guys injured, etc. and we have managed to win a great deal of the time. I want the guys to rest, but I expect to win anyway.

Can't agree with the sentiment. I understand what you are saying but you always have to go for the win every game. We "should" handle the Colts as usual but that's not a guaranteed win. I think the goal is to go at least 2-1 in that 3 game stretch. So "giving up" or "resting up" a game against the Vikes to set up for the other games is just not a good plan.

I believe there are 4 teams left on the schedule with winning records: Vikings, Colts, Jets and Bears. With the possibility of the Pat's getting a bye in the 1st round of the playoff's, every player is going to want to play in those games.

If the Pats are to have any hope whatsoever of earning a 1st-round bye, they must defeat the Dolts. Period. If that means resting some starters, with the expectation that the extra week of rest will have them ready for Foxborough, then so be it.

Once again, the early bye has done the Pats no favors at all. It's as if the League refuses to give them even a small scheduling advantage, ever.

PATSNUTme said:

Agree. Coming out of Minn. healthy is the most important thing. We could really get beat up if this was a mustwin. Minn. will try to run the ball mostly, esp on the rt side, but won't score a great deal, IMO. Wright, Koppen and Green will have to use their quickness to offset the RT and RG. Chad Scott might be better filling in for Hobbs on 1st and 2nd down.
This should be a good game for Tom to take the passing game another step forward. Solid against the run, they don't bring a lot of pressure like Buff. and Denver. Give up the mid-range passing game. Sounds tailor-made for Watson and the possession guys. We could win this without risking a lot.

2 out of-3 the next 3 weeks is imperative.
As sad as it is to say lose to the vikes/colts and the jets can be playing us for the division.

My concern is the Pats never play well in late games. i.e. Denver game, The last Mon Night game against Miami... Don't know why it is but, I just cringe whenever I see kickoff after 8 PM.

bb will play one game at a time and bb will do the best for the team. I expect that he will do exactly as you say. Getting healthy and staying healthy is much more important than any game until the playoffs (certainly including this game and the Indy game), with the possible exception of the jets game (depending on both our records in the next two weeks). It is fine for people here to worry about whether we will be 14-2 or 13-3; bb doesn't think that way.

And for those must look at the whole season at once, we need to win the games against teams with losing records and beat the jets! That will make us 12-4, even if we lose Minny, the Colts and Chicago. Trade a win against one of the strong teams for one misstep against a weak team and we are still 12-4. I think the 11-5 forecast by Reiss (and many of us here) is still a reasonable one, although much better is of course still possible.

PATSNUTme said:

Michael said:
My concern is the Pats never play well in late games. i.e. Denver game, The last Mon Night game against Miami... Don't know why it is but, I just cringe whenever I see kickoff after 8 PM.

However kick-off is 7:30 PM Minnesota time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back