PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our last day as Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Today (unless the Super Bowl ends after 12:00) is our last full day as World Champions. It'll be hard to think that we aren't the World Champs anymore, dang. Bring on next year!

wow, now we gotta go take it back

drew4008 said:
Today (unless the Super Bowl ends after 12:00) is our last full day as World Champions. It'll be hard to think that we aren't the World Champs anymore, dang. Bring on next year!
i completely agree.
at least it's not like the "Little Brown Jug" game, (illinois vs wisconsin?), where you actually have to give up the item.
patriots like that underdog stuff anyway.
much i hope the steelers win, that seattle team seems built to be around for a while.
getting the lombardi back will be a worthy accomplishment for our squad.
think BB might be making a comment or 2 aout that in early august?

drew4008 said:
What a depressing thought!!!
Now I'll just appreciate it!! ;)

Like coach tells Tommy all the time drew4008, we're don't defend anything because once you win a championship they can't take it away. Some other team will be the reigning World Champions after tomorrow, that's all. I hope it reigns in Seattle since that organization has not won a championship title in it's existence. The Steelers organization is already a World Champion one four times over, although the current team has never been involved in winning even one so in the present era they aren't.

We are and will remain after tomorrow 3 time World Champions, and in the present decade to boot! Buck up children. :D

366 days to the next SB championship! Could be worse, we could be Bills fans!

Once the season starts I put last year behind me - and am looking forward to the NEXT championship rather than relishing the last one.

As such, with the Patriots season ending in Denver, I'm all about winning the SB next season - not dwelling on this season or last

iI was much worst after (probably during...) the game lost @ Den.

Now i feel a little bit better because a cpuple of weeks passed and, reflecting better, we had a good season going to the Divional Play-off.

In my opinion:
1 - be competitive if possible every year
2 - reach the play-offs
is the really the maximum.

Then when you arrive there...never say never...

So i considered allready this season a good one not of course the best one.

I think that we will surely compete again at the top level next year too.

But probably tomorrow it will be tough...

Champions still for 32 hours more or less...

After Tom I will be able to watch the nfl network and sports center again, I will be able to handle world champion seahawks...

wistahpatsfan said:
Even worse... could be Jests fans! :eek:

wistahpatsfan said:

It could be worse that THAT, we could be JETS fans!

Put it this way. At least we made the Steelers season seem incomplete for their fans since they didnt beat the Pats :)

ilduce06410 said:
i completely agree.
at least it's not like the "Little Brown Jug" game, (illinois vs wisconsin?), where you actually have to give up the item.

Actually, it's Minnesota v. Michigan. And we lost it this year for the first time since 1986. I think I'm going to vomit.

wistahpatsfan said:

Or, Jest fans. Their only one came before the actual merger between the nFL & the AFL. So, it doesn't really count in the modern era.

They haven't even made it since.

This year was all about survival. Next year will be all about revenge.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill