PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Guys Are Nasty . . . And I Like It

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like nastiness. I like mean. I like intimidating. I don't like trash talkers. I hate that crap, to be honest.

So, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, Deion Sanders, **** Butkus, Jack Lambert etc... You wouldn't want those guys on your team? They all talk trash, very few football players refrain from it.

Last edited:
So, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, Deion Sanders, **** Butkus, Jack Lambert etc... You wouldn't want those guys on your team? They all talk trash, very few football players refrain from it.

Few do. A little bit of trash is ok, though I personally don't like it. I'm personally turned off by big time trash talkers. It's also not quite "trash talking" when you can back it up. Tough talk is different coming from Lawrence Taylor or **** Butkus than from Ellis Hobbs, for example. Talking the talk when you can't walk the walk doesn't work too well.

Agree with the OP. I love seeing those guys who can back it up talking some trash. Seymour was always talking trash and he backed it up. Loved that about him. I hated that Hobbs was always celebrating after plays where he was not a factor in the incomplete pass (drop, overthrow, underthrow) but he would celebrate like he made the play. Bottom line, if you can back it up, talk as much as you want within the rules of the game.

Few do. A little bit of trash is ok, though I personally don't like it. I'm personally turned off by big time trash talkers. It's also not quite "trash talking" when you can back it up. Tough talk is different coming from Lawrence Taylor or **** Butkus than from Ellis Hobbs, for example. Talking the talk when you can't walk the walk doesn't work too well.

Very well said. When you think of Lott, Butkus, and Lambert, you think of some of the greatest at their positions to ever play the game. You don't think trash talkers.

Nastiness certainly is fun to watch :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back