Welcome to PatsFans.com

Our Gov't is lying month after month....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jan 14, 2010.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

This pretty much sums up the state of the US economy....

"Trillions of dollars of taxpayer money has been wasted and all we have to show for it is a meager 2.2% GDP. Most of that GDP improvement came from additional stimulus efforts via cash for clunkers and an improvement in low-end housing prices thanks to huge tax credits. Both housing and autos are destined to die on the vine. There is no lasting pent-up demand.

Spending money we do not have, borrowed into existence on the backs of future taxpayers, can never produce a recovery. The current improvement in economic conditions is simply an illusion, like Swiss cheese without the cheese. Take away the stimulus cheese all you have is holes. That unfortunately is the true state of this recovery."

I guess our gov't doesn't want us getting too depressed about our economy. Why else do they keep talking as if things are looking good? I'm taking my retirement investments out of stocks before the second bear market comes.

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Swiss Cheese Recovery, More Holes Than Cheese

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +371 / 11 / -28

To put this in perspective and to silence the selective outrage..

Cost overruns have military facing 'train wreck,' McCain says - CNN.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/11/business/11overruns.html

FOXNews.com - Gates Calls for Cuts to High-Tech Weapons Programs

goals.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

we agree on military spending darryl. How many weapons are enough? You can only destroy the world once, yet we have enought to do it 10 times over.

But it's not the cause of our recession...not even close. Yes, it is THE major contributor to our soaring national debt.

Yet, your comments take nothing away from the points in the article I posted. It's just more waste upon waste and it's doing nothing.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +371 / 11 / -28

My comments have to do with duplicity and silence on the real issue that has been draining this economy for the past 50 years...

1.3 trillion dollar overruns, wait until the Tea Party hears about this...