PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Future At OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the last 2 drafts+Cooper trade the Patriots are probably planning to roll with 4 OGs and just stop using tackles.

I think it's par for the course. Belichick has a history of overloading units and weeding out who he wants to keep and release, right now it's the turn for their interior OL. They have put serious pressure on all of their young interior OL and I would expect them to start planning at tackle next offseason.

I saw thuney on youtube. Tiny guy, tiny thin short arms. He better be an awesome athlete.

Would have been way better drafting shon Coleman or leraven clark.

The have a huge number of guards. If they're already losing faith in Mason kline etc, what does that say about their drafting?

If Solder or Vollmer go down, pats are in a lot of trouble.

As good of a coach Scar is, the expectation that he is a miracle worker is a a little overboard. Coaches need talent and healthy players to work with. If you don't have talent then as a coach you will fail.

There have been some pretty talented players that have come though this organization. Light, Compton, Woody, Andruzzi, Neal, Mankins, Solder, Vollmer and Scar has done a damn good job getting them prepared and developing them. Hes also had players that had talent but couldn't put it together here (or anywhere). Guys like Klemm, Greg Robinson Randall, Kenyatta Jones. Not blaming Scar for their failures but the guy can't save everyone.

In the end, for Scar to live up to his Gandalf-status, he needs the talent to take to his hard coaching style, work hard and stay healthy.

One thing I do know is if this line plays anywhere close to 2015 people will be grumbling that Scar should have stayed retired and Googs wasn't as bad as people think.

Excellent point.. from my perspective I just have confidence in Scar to do what is necessary to get these guys ready to play and play well, but it's still up to the players to take to the coaching, study and be the best they can be

If they perform poorly, that's easier for me to swallow with Scar as the coach than with Googs.. still can't believe the telegraphing of our snap count in a championship game against the most ferocious defense in the league that year.. ugh... tough pill to swallow!

Last edited:
I saw thuney on youtube. Tiny guy, tiny thin short arms. He better be an awesome athlete.

Would have been way better drafting shon Coleman or leraven clark.

The have a huge number of guards. If they're already losing faith in Mason kline etc, what does that say about their drafting?

If Solder or Vollmer go down, pats are in a lot of trouble.

Thuney and Cooper were brought in as likely upgrades inside, with Mason and Jackson as 4th rounders last year. I see no problem in their drafting.

Kline has done very well, and certainly wasn't a bad draft pick!

Our Future at OT?

We don't have a Future at OT.

And when (not if) Solder & Vollmer suffer their annual multiple-game-missing injuries,
we won't have a Present at OT, or in the SB, either.

And when (not if) Solder suffer their annual multiple-game-missing injuries

Hey you f***ing troll, before last year tell me how many games Solder missed?

Missed 1 game in 4 years before he got injured in that Dallas game.

Played in 77 out of a possible 78 games in his career. Missed 1 game in '13. As for starting, he started in 74 out of a possible 77. Those 3 games were his rookie year.

F***ING TROLL

If they perform poorly, that's easier for me to swallow with Scar as the coach than with Googs.. still can't believe the telegraphing of our snap count in a championship game against the most ferocious defense in the league that year.. ugh... tough pill to swallow!

Brutal it was! Matt Light later said that under Scar they routinely had FIVE systems for silent counting installed before a road game. Under Goog it looked like only ONE. He said watching that was just awful!

Agree that there is no substitute for having talent and depth. We shall see.

Cannon played RT when Vollmer went on IR in late Oct of the 2013 season. We finished 12-4 and lost to Denver in the AFC Championship game. Played in all 16 games in 2014 and started 4. Struggled in 2015, maybe due to all the OL injuries and different OL Coach. He struggles at guard and LT. RT is his natural position. Bottom line, with all the Tackle injuries in 2015, it was his time to shine and show he was worth the money he was paid but he struggled. Hopefully Scar can fix it but I think he is at risk, especially if Waddle shows us, he is better then Cannon.

We average 12 wins a season. Even with all the injuries last year, we still got 12 wins and so very close to going to the SB again. The only thing that usually stops the Patriots are injuries to key players. Last year was exceptionally bad. Belichick is working on turning over the OL. The last few years have focused on the Center and Guard positions. It wouldn't surprise me if he drafts a (left) tackle in the first round in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes