PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our FieldTurf will have different look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digger44 said:
Yes I know the field isn't finished yet. Did you honestly think I was saying it is finished? Way to go in discussing all three points I made instead of taking a pot shot on one statement. Thank you so much for your intellectual input.

I only responded to that point because its one that i know is true after studying this Field Turf for the past 3 months. Your first point is spot on, I doubt they would work 24/7 anyway. Around the clock seems like "most of the day" in that context. Your third point is just speculation. I doubt Gillette is or will be the only venue with Field Turf to host things other than football games. That being said the official Field Turf website said 10-12 years of durability. Myabe the Stones could lessen that, but the stuff is made for multiple-venue stadiums.

Battaglia said:
I only responded to that point because its one that i know is true after studying this Field Turf for the past 3 months. Your first point is spot on, I doubt they would work 24/7 anyway. Around the clock seems like "most of the day" in that context. Your third point is just speculation. I doubt Gillette is or will be the only venue with Field Turf to host things other than football games. That being said the official Field Turf website said 10-12 years of durability. Myabe the Stones could lessen that, but the stuff is made for multiple-venue stadiums.

ty for your input.

as for the infection discussion, the Pats have already been practicing on FieldTurf.

Brownfan80 said:
What makes a Fieldturf field more likely to carry disease than a regular field?

The ground is dirty no matter what, but it's curious that the artificial surface would spread disease and real dirt would not. What gives?

Somebody with some science knowledge shed some light, because that's not making sense to me.

My guess is that the Staph bacteria are 'held in check' by the natural bacteria which thrive on the organic matter in soil. It may be that on a synthetic surface, the microbial community is such that the Staph can thrive.

kurtinelson said:
My guess is that the Staph bacteria are 'held in check' by the natural bacteria which thrive on the organic matter in soil. It may be that on a synthetic surface, the microbial community is such that the Staph can thrive.

NEM would argue that we already have a huge staff infection via OC McDaniels.

The 24-hour work could have been the excavation crews needed before the FieldTurf is installed.

Tunescribe said:
NEM would argue that we already have a huge staff infection via OC McDaniels.

I didn't want to be accused of hijacking, so I'm glad that someone else brought up the staph/staff infection connection. Bada-bing.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/index.php?paged=3

November 14th, 2006
Belichick on FieldTurf
Posted by Albert Breer at 6:58 pm

On FieldTurf’s official Web site, there’s a testimonial from Patriots coach Bill Belichick on the surface the team is installing inside Gillette Stadium. Here it is:

“We first started using it out by our (blocking) machines because the players are always in the same place and if you’re on grass (in those spots) you have mud in about five days. We had it installed in our (practice) bubble and it’s been really good. I think that really was a huge upgrade.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back