PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our contribution to helping the team win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urgent

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So, need some thoughtful advice.

The special playoff jersey or the regular season jersey?

The regular season jersey is a Bruschi, had it for years, a normal Patriots jersey. It's in my shirt drawer, and it travels with me whenever I'm out of town on Sunday. The recent win percent is better.

The other jersey is one of the nice replica jerseys, Troy Brown, signed. I wear it for all the stadium trips and playoffs. It hangs in a closet, only pulled out for special occasions. Last worn at the Indy game, which worked well - but time before that was that Giants game.

Now, the recent playoff record in that jersey is not as good as the regular season Bruschi jersey.

Do I stick with the playoff jersey, because that's the tradition?
Or go with the lesser regular season jersey because the record is better?

I'm thinking the Indy win wiped any bad juju off the playoff jersey.
So how do you advise?

I think they will be OK either way.

I suggest the playoff jersey because, after all, it's a playoff jersey. It has special meaning and therefore should carry with it heightened energy to help the cause.

You could always make the switch to the other jersey if need be ;)

I'd start with the higher winning percentage Bruschi and as long as things are going well, leave it at that. If things need changed up, then pull out the big guns.

:D

I have an awesome on field Brady replica that I always never seem to wear when the Pats are in the playoffs.

For whatever reason I wear my worn and crappy Welker jersey. Maybe it's time to wear #12 proper

Wear the bruschi jersey and make sure to not get caught looking ahead to next week ;)

Layer them to multiply the power :D

i will be wearing my gronk jersey to the game..i am 1/1 this year with it

Don't take this as an shot or anything. But as a grown man I can't bring myself to wear a jersey with another guy's name on it. Seems awkward to me.

And I'm contributing by not going to the game. The only two playoff games I have been to:

2009: Ravens
2010: Jets

Yup, I'm staying in Virginia!

Last edited:
. But as a grown man I can't bring myself to wear a jersey with another guy's name on it. Seems awkward to me.
Does it seem awkward when you wear Hanes underwear or Levi jeans too? :rolleyes:

Does it seem awkward when you wear Hanes underwear or Levi jeans too? :rolleyes:

What is your point smart ass? Those are brands named after their founder, not exactly the same thing, no?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I stated that it wasn't a shot at anyone, to me personally wearing another guy's jersey, who in most cases is likely younger than me, is awkward. Therefore I do not wear them and haven't since I was a teenager.

Any other smart ass comments?

Last edited:
And I'm contributing by not going to the game. The only two playoff games I have been to:

Thank you, kind sir.

13-0 at home in the playoffs without you.

0-2 at home in the playoffs with you present.

I think you're making the right choice ;)

Thank you, kind sir.

13-0 at home in the playoffs without you.

0-2 at home in the playoffs with you present.

I think you're making the right choice ;)

I know my place!

My home record only goes down hill from there. I believe up until my last visit the Pats had only lost 6 home games at the razor and I have attended 4 of them, prior to a victory. I'm a bit buzzed so my numbers may be off a bit. But either way having me in the stadium is not in the Pats best interest.

Don't take this as an shot or anything. But as a grown man I can't bring myself to wear a jersey with another guy's name on it. Seems awkward to me.

Hmmmm, maybe IF you had worn a jersey with BRUSCHI on it versus a nondescript jersey, the Patriots would have won those two games!

I'm wearing my Houston Texans jersey because I like to piss people off..... :D

Last edited:
I'll be wearing my home Bruschi jersey. I wear it for 99% of home games I watch (on tv):(. But their record's pretty darn good at home. Usually wear my white Bruschi for away games.

This just in from the the people at the Patriots Pro Shop. They'd suggest you start a new tradition by wearing different jerseys for different playoff games. For that they are offering a special on the Tight Ends collection featuring Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, and Micheal Hoomananawanui, for just $85 each, or $225 for all three. AND....for just $25 more per shirt, you can have the names written out with Hebrew lettering.

So, need some thoughtful advice.

The special playoff jersey or the regular season jersey?

The regular season jersey is a Bruschi, had it for years, a normal Patriots jersey. It's in my shirt drawer, and it travels with me whenever I'm out of town on Sunday. The recent win percent is better.

The other jersey is one of the nice replica jerseys, Troy Brown, signed. I wear it for all the stadium trips and playoffs. It hangs in a closet, only pulled out for special occasions. Last worn at the Indy game, which worked well - but time before that was that Giants game.

Now, the recent playoff record in that jersey is not as good as the regular season Bruschi jersey.

Do I stick with the playoff jersey, because that's the tradition?
Or go with the lesser regular season jersey because the record is better?

I'm thinking the Indy win wiped any bad juju off the playoff jersey.
So how do you advise?

I think you need to buy a new, the most expensive there is , Brady jersey. Game pants, cleats, helmet, eye black, hand warmer sleeve. it's the playoffs. You need to go full retar*!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes