Welcome to PatsFans.com

Our best RB is...MATT CASSEL?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by bakes781, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

While the recent success of one Ben-Jarvus-Green-Ellis-Hobbs-Maurice-Jones-Drew :p can't be overlooked, the tuck it and run tactics of #16 have been quite impressive. That said I'm only seeing it out of the corner of my eye as a result of covering them with my hands each time. To his credit though he has perfected the slide. Just remember Kevin O'Connell is your backup Matt. ;)
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Half-way to that TD I was yelling at my TV for him to get down!

Glad he couldn't hear me.
  3. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

No doubt. 7 year old on my lap at the time, I start yelling, "No Matt!!! Nooooo..." The little one looks at me and says, "Geeze Dad, chill... he DID get a touch down" LOL.
  4. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

I think there's evidence that The Mick is an even better running QB.

I was reminded of Grogs Sunday except that my man used to throw picks galore in the RZ and was lucky to complete 55% of his throws.
  5. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I love what his mobility adds to this offense. Those 10+ play drives will continue to come and his legs will be a big part of keeping some of those alive. Adds a whole new dimension for those 3rd down conversions.
  6. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -2

he's not a RB. absurd topic. let him try it when there's some defenders in his way :confused:
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  7. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -1

The spread offense will be a little more potent now that defenses realize they can't leave the middle wide open.
  8. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

He was heading to the end zone because it was the safest place. You are not allowed to tackle a guy in the end zone (just like out of bounds)
  9. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 4 / -5

Honestly, watching the replays, it's amazing how much it reminded me of The Ten Commandments--it's like the Bills D just parted, leaving a straight path up the middle. How could Cassel possibly refuse? :)
  10. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I guess there actually is something Matt C. does better than Brady, and that is running :). I'm like you though, in that I don't want him to get hurt. He seems very tough though.

Let's face it, many of us wondered if he'd improve with time, and he sure has. Gotta give him all the credit in the world.
  11. nabwong

nabwong PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'm glad Cassel is our quarterback. Did anyone see the eagles game? The Eagles couldn't run 1 final play before the last 2 min warning because McNabb was out of breath. Fans were booing. I'm glad Matt can run and IS fit.
  12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Philly fans boo to express the sentiment "Hey, it's Sunday!"

Matt's a great pleasant surprise this season. It's good to see that we don't have to sit there with the sword of damocles (a Brady injury) defining the sum of all fears forever. When Brady's last day in the NFL arrives, it will be good to say "okay... let's do it the old-fashioned way, with a pretty good QB, not Superman."
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I think QB's should run more if the opportunity is there. I don't buy into the "protect the QB at all costs" mantra we keep hearing.

The Pats needed that TD, it turns out, and Cassel won't be discouraged from running if the lane is there, IMO. Coach knows that this team is hurting, and only sheer will and guts will get them to the SB this year. Some of that has to come from the QB. If Brady was the QB and the Pats had all the injuries they have now, I'll bet Brady would be pulling some of these stunts, too. The Pats only want ballzy guys on the team, and that's what we're seeing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.