PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our amazing O-Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was watching AFCCG on NFL network(God Bless 'em!!) for the 2nd and 3rd time and was really stricken by how badass our O-line really is. All season, I've been hearing how great they are and how Tommy has all day to throw back there. I had interpreted this as a covert putdown against the greatest QB in NFL history. After Neal, Kaczur and Brady had come back, this line re-established it's total NFL dominance. Watching us run over a very good SD defense in a 3 TE set was big fun. This is truly the greatest and most well-rounded team in NFL history. It feels funny to say that being a long suffering New England (Sox) fan. But it's true.

For several years I think our OL got more credit than they deserved because Tom's pocket mobility is tops in the league and made them look better as a result. All in all this year there is no doubt that they have really put it together and are easily a top 5 OL in this league.

Last week I saw Mankins hit a man in the hole, knock him back and then move to another man to open up a big spot for Maroney. It was pretty goddamn impressive.

What have we done to deserve
DANTE SCARNECCHIA
all these years?

I think it's worth noting that Kyle Brady, Kaczur and Neal were NOT on the field in the Week 17 game.

I was a little worried about the O Line comming into the season knowing the best way to slow down the offense is to pressure Brady, but they have been AMAZING. Brady has had more time to throw than it takes to drive from boston to miami

Agree our dominance has been the convergence of many factors, least of which is the efforts of Scarnecchia and the maturation of all of these guys... lots of whining about how "rough" they are, this is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes