PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our $41M Secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see a contract for Mccourty reached In the 4 years 24, 25 million range.
Then lock up Revis 4 years 47 million then have enough cap to go after some quality free agents like Reggie Bush, Percy Harvin, and help at D line.
Would be a incredibly successful free agency and the draft would allow us to build the lines and for the future skill positions.

then have enough cap to go after some quality free agents like Reggie Bush, Percy Harvin, line.

Havent we been though this with you over and over? You sound like Rain Main. Percy Havin is a major league jerk, and not even that great. He wont be cheap either.

And if we are able to keep Vereen we would not want Bush. Stop playing Madden and learn how a championship team is built.

Would love to see a contract for Mccourty reached In the 4 years 24, 25 million range.
Then lock up Revis 4 years 47 million then have enough cap to go after some quality free agents like Reggie Bush, Percy Harvin, and help at D line.
Would be a incredibly successful free agency and the draft would allow us to build the lines and for the future skill positions.

No way both take 3 million a year less to play for the Patriots. McCourty is looking at 8-9 AAV, and Revis 14-15 AAV.

I believe that honor goes to gronk.

You don't win Super Bowls without a great pass defense in the NFL anymore.

The Pats tried for 10 years.

Came extremely close in 2007/2011. Granyed I believe 2012/2013 SB runs were thwarted by weakened secondaries (no Talib). I think a great secondary is important, just saying it's not impossible to pull off a SB.

We would be crazy to let Mccourty test free agency.
Unless a deal was agreed to just not inked and even then its risky.

I am not saying he has too, but the best player on the team took one, I would want the 3rd best to do so also. If not, I am ok with him leaving. One slight sprain and you have 10% of your team value sitting on the bench. Corners and WR just a little ding and their performance suffers greatly compared to most other positions.
But probably the biggest reason for Brady taking that paycut is that he has a super model wife that makes much more than he does. His circumstance is completely different from other players. You can't force other players to act as if they had a wife that makes several times what they make each year. If you do then you won't have any top players.

certainly not with a combination of goofy DB's and a nearly non-existent pass rush.........

in the most recent superbowl, the best pass defense by a relatively wide margin had its ass torn open by the likes of brady, edelman, amendola, gronk, lafell, vereen........in the 4th quarter, all the seahawks could do is watch and have it shoved down their throats

I believe that honor goes to gronk.

That's a toss up imo. Both are the best at their position and both make everyone around them better and create serious problems for opponents.

Came extremely close in 2007/2011. Granyed I believe 2012/2013 SB runs were thwarted by weakened secondaries (no Talib). I think a great secondary is important, just saying it's not impossible to pull off a SB.

Pats had the lead with minutes to go in both SB losses.

Would have loved Revis on those teams.

Regarding Who is best at their position. I think it has to go to Gronk only because there is no argument there. Its not even close. With Revis there are people who will say Sherman blah blah blah who is really only in the discussion because he tells everyone he is. And the sheep buy it.

In fact, I might say Gronk is the clear cut best player on the team when we look at the counterparts at other positions. You could say Rodgers may be better than TB now. Not many will argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back