PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our $41M Secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that play reflects less on Logan Ryan and more on coaching. All wide receivers on that play should have been held and tackled.
We dont know if BB told them to hold/tackle everyone but I can guarantee that will go down as the worst 5 seconds of BB's career. That was horrid, again of course if his instructions were clear and it was that DH screwed up.

Yes it's the coaches. The same coaches who put Butler in position to pick off the game winning pass because they showed him the exact play in practice and how to react.
images

Yes it's the coaches. The same coaches who put Butler in position to pick off the game winning pass because they showed him the exact play in practice and how to react.

You mean the same coaches who think Ryan earned a spot on the roster and made him active for the Super Bowl? What a bunch of kool aid chugging homers they are, especially Belichick. Imagine how good they would be if he didn't allow his emotions to cloud his judgment?

You mean the same coaches who think Ryan earned a spot on the roster and made him active for the Super Bowl? What a bunch of kool aid chugging homers they are, especially Belichick. Imagine how good they would be if he didn't allow his emotions to cloud his judgment?
Lol get a hold of yourself. So every player ever active in a Super Bowl is a good player?

I worry about whatever receiver Logan Ryan is covering. As soon as a QB sees 26 on the field he immediately targets him (Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson)
Ok so suggest a replacement for Logan?

For most people it doesn't, in your case it apparently gives you a free hand to pat yourself on the back.
Yes you got me. Good thing too, wouldn't want anyone to question your status as the defender of all things on Patsfans.com

I think we can safely say it wasn't on BB based on his past history of mastering situational football.

I worry about whatever receiver Logan Ryan is covering. As soon as a QB sees 26 on the field he immediately targets him (Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson)
This is true of any backup CB that is put on the field. When extra CBs come onto the field, a QB is going to prefer to throw at one that's not good enough to start. That applies whether we're talking about Logan Ryan, Malcolm Butler (who was heavily targeted but held up well), Rashaan Melvin, or Tharold Simon.

I'd rather see us take our chances with Arrington or Butler.
Ok so keep KA and MB (which they were) so that is an obvious.

Then you have Revis and Browner. Dennarrd may be odd man out but I hope he gets another year.

Ok, whos next? We are not going to have just 5 corners in camp.

This is true of any backup CB that is put on the field. When extra CBs come onto the field, a QB is going to prefer to throw at one that's not good enough to start. That applies whether we're talking about Logan Ryan, Malcolm Butler (who was heavily targeted but held up well), Rashaan Melvin, or Tharold Simon.
At least with Malcolm Butler he made three great plays on that Seahawks final drive. Logan seems to just get burned almost instantly (see AJ Green TD, Super Bowl TD, Packers dismantling him)

Lol get a hold of yourself. So every player ever active in a Super Bowl is a good player?

Good enough to make the best team in football, so yes. Does that mean every one should be a starter going forward? Obviously no. And that's actually what we were talking about when you decided to stop by and tell us what a bunch of homers we are.

Next time maybe you will try adding something of substance instead of just talking sh.t.

The cap will likely be jumping up to $143m-$145m this year, and to $150m+ next year. 2017 is also expected to see a big jump in the cap number. As usual, attrition will eliminate some salaries and free up room.

I don't see any real issue here, as of now.

Ok so keep KA and MB (which they were) so that is an obvious.

Then you have Revis and Browner. Dennarrd may be odd man out but I hope he gets another year.

Ok, whos next? We are not going to have just 5 corners in camp.
I don't know what happened to Dennard. I actually thought he wasn't a bad corner and saw decent PT last year. I'm hoping it was just an injury and he can bounce back this year.

Anyways I would go Revis, Browner, Arrington as the nickel, Butler as the dime and Dennard alternating with him if he can regain his 2013 form.

I think its ironic that the poster claiming that everyone here thinks all of our players are great seems to be claiming that every player on the roster should be great.

Good enough to make the best team in football, so yes. Does that mean every one should be a starter going forward? Obviously no. And that's actually what we were talking about when you decided to stop by and tell us what a bunch of homers we are.

Next time maybe you will try adding something of substance instead of just talking sh.t.
So good enough to make the best team is football? So what about every player that was released by their former team and we picked them up? They weren't good enough to play for a team that wasn't the best team in the NFL but they were for us. That is once again flawed logic.

I don't know what happened to Dennard. I actually thought he wasn't a bad corner and saw decent PT last year. I'm hoping it was just an injury and he can bounce back this year.

Anyways I would go Revis, Browner, Arrington as the nickel, Butler as the dime and Dennard alternating with him if he can regain his 2013 form.

Great and maybe we can afford that. KA goes in the slot BTW

I will ask again, who in camp?

Yes you got me. Good thing too, wouldn't want anyone to question your status as the defender of all things on Patsfans.com

I have no problem defending the overall quality of Patsfans.com, as far as talking about the Patriots there is not a better site for it IMO. But if you would like to go find one better by all means go for it. I know you will be missed dearly but I will take the heat for inviting you to leave.

I think its ironic that the poster claiming that everyone here thinks all of our players are great seems to be claiming that every player on the roster should be great.
I don't think that they all should be great. I just don't think the ones that are far from great should continually see playing time.

Great and maybe we can afford that. KA goes in the slot BTW

I will ask again, who in camp?
I know he does. That is where he plays best.

lol We are supposed to talk about camp? We haven't even had the draft or the start of free agency yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes