PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our 2013 Offense Plus A Bit Of Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We were a top 5 offense. If we re-sign Edelman, Blount and Hooman (and replaced Svitek with a JAG), wouldn't we likely be better off in 2014, expecting SOME improvement in the health of the players listed below? I also presume the drafting of a tight end relatively early (given how good the draft it is for tight ends) and an interior lineman.

MORE HEALTHY - MORE PRODUCTION
Gronkowski
Vereen
Vollmer
Dobson
Amendola
Boyce
Thompkins/Moe/Harrison

They will be better with a gronk and a 2nd year jump from Dobson Boyce and KT. Also a year of learning with each other.

Health has just been the back breaker the last 3 years. If we could just get some good bounces health wise we should be good. But someone has had that voodoo doll and pissing her off lately.

They will be better with a gronk and a 2nd year jump from Dobson Boyce and KT. Also a year of learning with each other.

Health has just been the back breaker the last 3 years. If we could just get some good bounces health wise we should be good. But someone has had that voodoo doll and pissing her off lately.
Health has been a problem because the depth behind the starters hasn't been as good as we probably would have liked. That said, the depth players have played as well as they could be expected to play.

The Pats probably need a little more like for like in their depth players. There's not many teams who can change their entire philosophy on the whim and continue to win much like the Patriots were forced to in 2013.

Health has been a problem because the depth behind the starters hasn't been as good as we probably would have liked. That said, the depth players have played as well as they could be expected to play.

The Pats probably need a little more like for like in their depth players. There's not many teams who can change their entire philosophy on the whim and continue to win much like the Patriots were forced to in 2013.

Just the way it goes sometimes. But this pats team was something else. A Diesel engine that just kept chugging along and getting the job done until the last game.

Just the way it goes sometimes. But this pats team was something else. A Diesel engine that just kept chugging along and getting the job done until the last game.
I can say with some certainty that 2013 was one of the more remarkable seasons I have seen from a team at any level and in any sport given the many challenges the Patriots faced starting with the accused.

I can say with some certainty that 2013 was one of the more remarkable seasons I have seen from a team at any level and in any sport given the many challenges the Patriots faced starting with the accused.

Most certainly.

Will all that being said, then TE and G/C has to be the top priorities right? I'm assuming Gronk won't be back till mid season

I suggested that we re-sign Edelman, Blount, Hooman and re-sign or replace Svitek (JAG price).

Given the above, I agree that we need a TE and G/C. My guess is that we draft both positions in our first four picks.

Will all that being said, then TE and G/C has to be the top priorities right? I'm assuming Gronk won't be back till mid season

I see nothing to indicate that Gronk won't be back sooner than that. However, I still agree wholeheartedly with the needs you expressed. We can't have another season where an injury to Gronk forces such a dramatic drop-off and complete scheme change.

Get Chandler or some other UFA AND draft a TE fairly high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots