PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OUCH - That was one Butt-Ugly Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I hope Vrabel, Maroney & even Brady (who was gimping across the field at one point) are okay. At least we got the W! It looked in doubt for a while.

Vrabel was smiling on the sidelines, and he didn't seem to be limping, either. I think he was shook up, but *crossing my fingers* I think he'll be OK.

Brady looked OK, too.

Knock on wood, Maroney will also be good to go next week.

Well, a win's a win. but this might have been the worst win i have ever seen. I'll take it, but serious improvements need to be made. I think we got caught looking ahead a bit, and thankfully we escaped the trap game with a W. Need to get better for next week.

Holy crap I was biting my nails until Colvin's big play. What I can say I am proud of is the way we keep fighting back into games and winning them. Everyone could have easily gotten upset and lost focus but no. Dillon with two TD's in the fourth quarter.

I was frustrated all the way into the third quarter. Dumb plays like Pass's fumble just piss me off. Our secondary played lousy a lot of the time and we commited WAY too many penalties. Damn ugly.

Offensive players of the game:

Caldwell
Brady
Dillon

There were quite a few players of the game on defense. What is good is we got the win. NUT was right about this one. Any given Sunday...sheesh...

Last edited:
O Player of Game:
Caldwell

D Player Of Game:
Warren/Vrabel

was Seymour playing? i dont think he got a tackle

Last edited:
O Player of Game:
Caldwell

D Player Of Game:
Warren/Vrabel

was Seymour playing? i dont think he got a tackle
He did play. Didnt make a tackle but he did make a nice deflection while being double teamed.

Last edited:
I hope this is the last game this year with these kind of to's. 17 at home so far this year. Home games scare me:eek:

Shades of the Houston 2003 game.

Shades of the Houston 2003 game.
Yeah but we completely outplayed the Texans and somehow they came so so close to beating us.

The important thing is we keep pace with the Jets.

That was fun, let's go again! :singing:

I hope this is the last game this year with these kind of to's. 17 at home so far this year. Home games scare me:eek:

OMG, I wasn't able to see the game and I was thinking it was at Detroit. Makes me wonder if the Patriots are better off with a lower seed.

based on this season, on any given sunday we can beat anyone. can we do that 3 times in a row in the PO though? hardly, imo. we need to improve drastically, starting with taking care of the ball. very un-patriots like!

I think wins like this are good for the team. The team made some outstanding plays. I thought that everyone that played poorly made up for it eventually. In particular, the O line was much better late, and the run blocking was outstanding on a few big plays.

The defense looked like swiss cheese, but the big stop on 3d and less than a yard when Detroit had the ball on our 7 up by 5 was the play of the game to that point. We lose without that stop.

What killed me was watching the Lions back themselves up for what 2nd and 30 or 1st and 30 and the first play. Kitna completes a long pass, extremely close to a first down. GOD! Oh and we really really need to resign Samuel. Though that seemed like a selfish sort of play when he tried to tip the ball to himself when Hawk had an easy INT. I hope Asante merely didnt known Hawk was right behind him...

That was hideous. I'm just glad the TV is OK after I kicked it when we were down by 8 :D

(it was a glancing blow).

Oh come on, was anyone ever really nervous about that game at any point in time?

Oh come on, was anyone ever really nervous about that game at any point in time?
I was only nervous once (when we were going for two), but I was pissed for most of the game :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes