Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ouch!! 71% DISAPPROVE Congress - Auntie and crew are feeling the pinch

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Seems like all is not going as planned for the "glorious revolution" the vaunted Dems had expected. With not a shred of ideological clue, save for "give it all away to anybody who wants it", Auntie Pelosi and her fellow left-wingers are finding it difficult to stand at the top.

------------------------

Congressional Job Approval Dips Again This Month
    Democrats, Republicans now almost equally likely to disapprove of Congress

by Joseph Carroll

PRINCETON, NJ -- The honeymoon phase is over for the new Congress, as the public's ratings of Congress are down again this month. The latest congressional job approval rating (24%) is the lowest for the institution since Democrats took control of both houses in January, and is far below the 37% registered in February. The decline has been most evident among Democrats, whose ratings of Congress now match those of Republicans. Congressional job approval ratings are typically not positive, but ratings as low as the current one are uncommon. The poll also finds that only about one in four Americans say they are satisfied with the way things are going in this country, little changed since last month but still at its lowest point in over a decade.

Congressional Job Approval

According to the June 11-14, 2007, survey, 24% of Americans approve and 71% disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job. Congressional approval is down five points since last month and more than 10 points from the higher support levels in January and February following the Democratic takeover. The current 24% rating is similar to the poor ratings Congress received last year, with Americans essentially voting to take control of Congress away from the Republicans in November.

It is unusual for congressional job approval ratings to be at or below 24%. Congress has been rated this negatively only a few times in the four decades Gallup has measured this item -- in 1979, during the energy crisis; at several points during the "term limits era" of 1990 to 1994; and last year.

Republicans and Democrats vary little in their overall approval of Congress, with 29% of Democrats and 24% of Republicans saying they approve of the job Congress is doing. Independents' approval is at 19%.

http://galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27937

//

2. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't like to site just one poll as thers are so many of them. Here is a site that I look at once in a while as it averages polls done in a similar time frame.

Yes, the poll#'s for both congress and Bush are dismal. But, congress's should be better because they area group vs one person and they have been in office only since Jan. So much for "doing the people's business' crap that we heard.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=18

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=19

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Lack of support for Congress is a weird thing. No-one likes "Congressmen" but most people like "their Congressman". That's why most get re-elected easily.

4. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Very true... Ted Stevens might be one of the most hated men in America, but Alaskans love him.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +670 / 2 / -9

Uncle Teddy

hic hic hic, i'll have another one

Massachusetts loves this murdering bastard
    :singing: :singing:

SHOW ME THE WAY TO GO HOME
    I'M TIRED AND I WANT TO GO TO BED

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

still waiting for anyone to point to the last time Congress' approval was above 45%? 40%??? ... why is this even news? ... Congress has always been loathed... but never quite as bad as the do-nothing GOP-controlled 109th... regardless, the reason the 110th is dipping is because it's not doing enough, quickly enough, to deal with out-of-control Boy King and his minions... that will change...

7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We simply have to figure a way to stop triggering Harry's Kennedy reflex. Don't ask me how, if ever there was a hair trigger...

btw I'm derailing this thread because thinking of Congress as a group this way is about as useful as saying:

'Bush's popularity among Europeans has dropped to -963% He's bound to change his ways now.'

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Not so sure of that, I think the Democrats are realizing that they promised too much - even if it's not their fault they can't get anything done.

9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It is VERY weird to have ratings this low. The Dems told everyone they were so much better than the Repubs. Well, guess what? They lied.

True, nothing unusual about that, but to be SO LOW while getting all those fancy planes and other perks. Does make one wonder if maybe we shouldn't have been so hasty in judging the other side (Repubs).

Did you know that Nancy Pelosi wants to get all children and staff free air travel on the personal planes and first class seats she gets for her important travels?? Yep. Think that sort of thing has anything to do with their 29% approval ratings??? Yeah, me too.

//

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +670 / 2 / -9

Couldn't help it, Pujo's post about the everybody hating the Stevens guy but the Alaskans love him, sounded just Mass and Kennedy.

Illegal Aliens, if you read this, go to Hyannisport Cape Cod Mass, the Kennedys live there, they love you, everything is free, God bless you.
    :bricks:

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

again, seeing past the Fog screen, a rational thinker is waiting for this fraud above to provide a link backing up his overdramatic assertion... Congress' approval is always low, by proxy... a president's is not always low... he earns it... nonetheless, the 109th's was lower...

almost no one is happy with government right now... unless they're getting rich off their current policies, or merely enjoy watching brown people blow up... then they love the three branches.....

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

You have a serious problem. The issue we have with Middle Easterners isn't their colors it's their actions. Not all of them ? No. But that's where the majority of the terrorist actions come from.

So stop being a f*cking d!ck and calling people racists when they're not.

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so, by being offended by my non-personal assessment, you're admitting you're a Bush lover? otherwise, what are you offended about? i gave two qualifications of a person who loves the current administration/houses and their policies... which are you, exactly, Mr. Indignant?

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I'm offended that you consider any "Bushian" to be a racist. You are scum.

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, i'll let you hate that guy... but he's not me... i never said all Bush supporters were all racist... but, go ahead and make stuff up if such anger soothes you.... i said those who LOVE Bush policy are either making lots of money or enjoy watching brown people blow up... i'll add a third part to that: or 3) they're religious zealots convinced of the Rapture on the way...

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I don't like Bush. You and Patters have to quit this racist stuff, your hatred is driving you our of your minds.

17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

my God, then what the 'F' are you offended about? lol... clearly, if you don't like Bush, you're not the kind of person i was talking about...

18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Do you support the Amnesty Bill? I'm curious, because if you, or anyone else does, then does that make them a Bush lover? :D

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Guys, the reason why DC's poll numbers are terrible is simple. 70-80% of the people working down there are massively out of touch with the average american. They don't pass anything that makes sense. When you do that, and constantly piss on Joe Taxpayer, you get sub 20-30% approval.

20. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I believe the reason they have rating this low is because they failed to stop the war in Iraq.

They told everyone they were going to get the troops out of Iraq and THEY LIED.

The only way DEMS can recover their rating is to STOP FUNDING THE IRAQ WAR.