Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ouch! 26% approve of Bush... making him the least popular president since Nixon

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Jimmy Carter was more popular during the heyday of the late 70's malaise than Bush is right now.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19352087/site/newsweek

[​IMG]
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

People are totally sick of war, and with good reason, plus today there are bloggers coming out of the woodwork to go along with the big three nets + CNN/NYTimesWashPastLATimes/et al. It's surprising he's at 26.

Still, that puts him 12 points higher than Auntie Pelosi and Cadaver Reid's Congress.

//
  3. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is the same president who once had a 86% approval rating. His downfall has been amusing to say the least. Congress, meanwhile, has always been hated, and the recent GOP congress was hated even more than usual.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Which is exactly why I say that polls are ridiculously stupid. They are good at giving you a simplistic view of what the public is thinking, but are always emotionally driven, spur of the moment, and framed to capture a specific result. His downfall has not been amusing since it's detrimentally affected our lives, and our future. That is no laughing matter. :mad:

This congress is no different than the last. They are ALL THE SAME I've been telling you. They remind me of my gf when I'm driving in the car with her. If I ask her if it's a right, and she says yes, I take a left. :D
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Maybe because Carter didn't act like he was the KING. And I don't mean the BURGER KING.KING. He may have been humblely inept,unlike Bushwack who's arrogant,and inept. Or better yet arrogantly incompatent.
    Oh yea I forgot Bushwacks on a mission from GOD,maybe that explains it, if I were in communication with the ALLMIGHTY I might be a little arrogant too.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yes, like his father before him who also enjoyed something like a 92% approval rating after Desert Storm in 1991, Geo W has indeed criminally squandered an ENORMOUS amount of moral and political capital. But I hardly find that "amusing", any more than I found Bill Clinton's shameful skirt-chasing "funny". Both are terrible blows against our nation, and both need to be rectified.

George Bush needs to sit down, or kneel or go for a walk or something, and realize that he could have brought the world TOGETHER after 9/11, instead of feeding the flames that drive us apart. So many people around the world, including the Arab and Muslim worlds, were so sympathetic after the heinous cowardly acts of 9/11, George could have become the next Secretary General of the United Nations, if only he had understood what to do, and, of course, done it. We need to heal our differences, not exacerbate them: that's what W failed to see. And unfortunately for him and all of us, barring a miraculous epiphany, it will be his legacy.

//
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

amen to that, my bruthah!