PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTish: Discount tickets for charities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hey guys. I work with a youth organization in Canada (live about 8 hours from Gillette) and work with teens/pre-teens in bad spots in life. We live in a small town and our high-school may be closing as many kids opt to go to city-schools so they can play Football/Basketball. Our school could field a team, but they can't afford equipment. Fundraising for that is one of my goals this year.

Anyway, I'd like to take the kids to the east coast on a trip (many of them haven't even been to Toronto yet (2 hrs. away) and have a very narrow world-view. Favorite teams among the guys are split between the Cowboys, Saints and Pats.

So what I'm hoping to do is take a group of guys (maybe 4) to Boston for a weekend and to a Pats home game. Problematically, the cost of tickets, hotel rooms and fuel is prohibitive, but I'm working on it.

The other option is Buffalo, but it's a hole, I'll be honest, and the timing of that game is awful.

So I'm wondering if any of you know if the Pats happen to offer any sort of ticket discounting for charitable organizations. Any tips would be much appreciated.

I considered trying to get in touch with NK since he's originally from a town about thirty minutes from us, but I have no idea how to do that.

Anyway, just spit-balling. If this is the wrong place or I shouldn't have posted, by all means Mods, delete thread. No worries.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I don't know if you have attended a game there or not, but Buffalo was one of my best game experiences. The tailgating was the best that I have been to and for the most part the opposing fans were good hosts. Not to mention the throng of Pats fans that travel for that game.

Sorry don't mean to derail your thread just thought I'd toss that out there.

You can go to the official Web site and e-mail the ticket office the question, but I would be surprised if the Pats have a system for giving away tickets. Players may donate their tickets to charity and the Kraft's probably have a limited number of tickets available for PR, but it would be tough to make distinctions as to what organization is more meritorious as a charity and therefore more deserving of the tickets.

The Patriots are always sold out with a huge season ticket waiting list and the highest average ticket price in the NFL (or so I have read). The charity events I have seen have not been games. If you have not done so, e-mail the ticket office and see if it gives you a satisfactory answer. You may also try various player Web sites (Brady/Moss/Warren) and see if you get an e-mail response to an inquiry (bear in mind they also get a ton of ticket requests).

Last edited:
You can go to the official Web site and e-mail the ticket office the question, but I would be surprised if the Pats have a system for giving away tickets. Players may donate their tickets to charity and the Kraft's probably have a limited number of tickets available for PR, but it would be tough to make distinctions as to what organization is more meritorious as a charity and therefore more deserving of the tickets.

The Patriots are always sold out with a huge season ticket waiting list and the highest average ticket price in the NFL (or so I have read). The charity events I have seen have not been games. If you have not done so, e-mail the ticket office and see if it gives you a satisfactory answer. You may also try various player Web sites (Brady/Moss/Warren) and see if you get an e-mail response to an inquiry (bear in mind they also get a ton of ticket requests).

Ok, I'll give it a shot. Worst case scenario we can always go to TO and watch the Leafs suck for a ridiculous ticket price :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back