Other than the Pats: AFC/NFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Although I don't think it matters this year, and God willing, a couple more after this one, what becomes of the vaunted dominance of the AFC this year if you take NE's blatant dominance out of the picture?

That's right, it flip flops.

I'm not just talking record. I'm talking about this time last year having four or five teams that were virtual locks to beat any NFC team.

Who's scarier to you right now than the Cowboys? If you say anybody besides the Packers, you're full of ***. These guys are both the cream of the NFC crop, but last year you could make that claim and not be terribly good. This year, I look around the AFC and am incredibly unimpressed. We see what happens to the Colts when challenged by the injury bug. I think the Chargers are pretty clearly exposed for the whiney little b****s they are by now. I'm pretty certain that Pittsburg is, as Collinsworth put it, a fraud.

We may be at the tipping point, once you scratch off the thin layer of Patriots at the very top of the AFC.

PFnV

Last edited:
There's only one team in the NFL that concerns me as a Patriots fan, and it's not Dallas or Green Bay. For that matter, it's not Indianapolis, either. The only team that concerns me is San Diego. They are the only team that is anywhere near the Patriots talent-wise.

There's only one team in the NFL that concerns me as a Patriots fan, and it's not Dallas or Green Bay. For that matter, it's not Indianapolis, either. The only team that concerns me is San Diego. They are the only team that is anywhere near the Patriots talent-wise.

Maybe last year but not this year. LdT is not the same runner he was last year, maybe he was watching too much Vizio. Phillip Rivers seems to regressed as a QB and after watching 5'8" Maurice Jones-Drew level Merriman
I can't imagine that happening last year.
Lucky for us Pats fans they also have Norv as a coach.
I don't think a rematch would be any closer, in fact it would proably be more of a blowout now that Brady and his WRs have had time to click. SD was the second game of the season.

Dallas doesn't really scare me, but Green Bay does. Still, I don't think that Green Bay will even make it to the Super Bowl. Two playoff games gives Brett far too much time to revert to his gunslinging ways and toss up about 5 INTs to a bad team like the Buccaneers.

Apparently you haven't noticed that they've been coached into the toilet.

This must be a reprint from last season.

Apparently you haven't noticed that they've been coached into the toilet.

I think that the Chargers have enough talent to defeat New England in New England if they play their "A" game and New England is off a bit. I don't think any other team has that level of talent. I think New England would have to be way off for any other team to win. All this "coaches"/"last season" stuff doesn't change that in my mind.

Last edited:
I think that the Chargers have enough talent to defeat New England in New England if they play their "A" game and New England is off a bit. I don't think any other team has that level of talent. I think New England would have to be way off for any other team to win. All this "coaches"/"last season" stuff doesn't change that in my mind.

Where's the talent? I see Tomlinson, Gates, Shaun Phillips, Merriman (but he's not been the same this year), McNeil (ditto), Cromartie, Jamal Williams, and...

Last year they had a very strong year, but talent wise they aren't that much different than most (good) NFL teams. With what we've seen from them this year, maybe a lot of their "talent" had to do with good coaching.

I worry about Denver more than San Diego - I'm hoping the SD pulls it together and takes the division.

I worry about Denver more than San Diego - I'm hoping the SD pulls it together and takes the division.

Amen. But a healthy Colts team is still the second best in football. The NFC teams are getting a lot of attention right now b/c they're the new kids on the block, but the Colts defense has proven that they can slow us down and they have the only quarterback in the NFL that can get into a shootout w/ Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes