PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other teams are reaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There were/ are no great FA this year. Possibly Edgerin James but everyone knew he was going to the highest bidder and the Pats aren't in bad need of RB. Drew Brees was out their but obviously we weren't interested. Randel El is a good WR, not top level FA.
I think other teams are thinking short term and overpaying for best available players instead of thinking long term by plugging holes until the type of player you are looking for is available.
I'm as frustrated as most about the lack of activity but I know that's just the fan in me that wants something to cheer for. When I sit back and consider everything I agree with all the moves.
Losing Givens will hurt but we shouldn't have matched that money. He may be worth it to the Titans but not to the Pats.
Willie will be replaced by Vrabel... not bad at all.
Losing AV will suck, but really how much should you pay a kicker?

Last edited:
I do agree..and the money was way out there this year...and teams wished to go after players...and the price?? didn't matter...the drunken sailer syndrome..throw that money around....and?? Wheen the teams realize they are only somewhat better off and..not all that much closer.. When they realize only a few holes were filled and the money is gone..they may realize that.

Pats726 said:
...the drunken sailer syndrome..throw that money around....and?? Wheen the teams realize they are only somewhat better off and..not all that much closer.. When they realize only a few holes were filled and the money is gone..they may realize that.

Luckily for us, that is Wishful thinking! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes