PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other Patriots Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownfan80

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I check this site too often. I read all the threads and wait and wait for new ones, having nothing that interesting to post myself. What I'm looking for is more to read. What other Forums are worth a look? It's sad when I've memorized the top 15 posts by the end of the day here everyday.

Patriots newsgroup on USENET always had a high noise to signal ratio. It's worse these days. The Patriots Mailing list pales in comparison to this Forum. It's mainly the vestiges of a social club.

Last edited:
Just use this one and start some new threads :) It's self fulfilling, the more active users, the more people visit which makes more active users, etc, etc.

Brownfan80 said:
I check this site too often. I read all the threads and wait and wait for new ones, having nothing that interesting to post myself. What I'm looking for is more to read. What other Forums are worth a look? It's sad when I've memorized the top 15 posts by the end of the day here everyday.

You've got my words of wisdom to keep you happy. Why would you want to go anywhere else? :D Actually, on second thoughts, perhaps that's EXACTLY why you would want to go elsewhere. :(

I first came here in 2001 and was a frequent poster, then I switched to KFFL for a couple of years because I had trouble with the new format when Ian changed the site software, then I came back here when Ian fixed the problems. But I still think KFFL is pretty good too. There are some good posters there, and a lot the folks here post there too. (I personally tend to stick to one board or the other because they generally are discussing the same things, but sometimes I still go back there.)

PromisedLand said:
But I still think KFFL is pretty good too. There are some good posters there
Good posters - run by asssholes. KFFL blows. And I got a chance to tell them, too, when I got an unsolicited email from them trying to get me to give them money. Ha ha ha.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Good posters - run by asssholes. KFFL blows. And I got a chance to tell them, too, when I got an unsolicited email from them trying to get me to give them money. Ha ha ha.
I think the people who run the KFFL site are in it for the money. That's their prerogative, and while I wouldn't use the term you used, I have not found them to be particularly nice people. But the moderators of the Patriots message board are good folk: Bob's My Uncle and Scudbuster especially.

PromisedLand said:
But the moderators of the Patriots message board are good folk: Bob's My Uncle and Scudbuster especially.
Last I heard, BMU hasn't posted there in a long time even though he's a moderator. I believe he's done with them, although he may have changed his mind. I wish those guys would all just come over here.

PromisedLand said:
But the moderators of the Patriots message board are good folk: Bob's My Uncle and Scudbuster especially.
Whatever happened to Football? He banned me a few years ago when I objected to something he said. Haven't been back, haven't missed it. This site has spoiled me.

spacecrime said:
Whatever happened to Football? He banned me a few years ago when I objected to something he said. Haven't been back, haven't missed it. This site has spoiled me.
He's still a moderator there, I believe. BMU is the one who cracks me up as he's officially a moderator but posts here instead. LOL.

NEM said:
KFFL is a wimpy assed site run by a wimpy assed admin with wimpy assed mods, except for our BMU. BUt even with all of that, the LEGEND OF NEM will always be with them. When the NEMster left, the site just lost all of it's appeal.... Hell, even Mrs NEM and all the other little NEMS, the NEM imposters, NEMstrodamus, The GHOST of NEM, Captain NEMo, The Return of NEM, NEMaholic, NEM Sucks, The ANTI NEM, all of them....they all couldnt perform as the original, and so, the LEGEND OF NEM will forever have it's place at KFFL. :D
So they banned you, huh? :rofl:

Both football and Scudbuster (Indy Ken) are excellent mods over at KFFL. And the quality and caliber of many of the posters over there is very high. The problem for the mods at KFFL is that they no longer have no real moderating power, coupled with a bunch of admins who are fools. That's why I left that place as one of its long time mods.

I've asked to be removed so I have no idea why they continue to list me as one of their moderators.

I check out KFFL, Pats Planet every time I log on, however prefer this forum best as it is moderated well and tends to have more rational posts most of the time. Having been on this board for a while am amazed by the traffic, new posters and how some of the posts blow me away with intelligence.

Patriots Planet has a number of message boards

Peoples Forum has an AFC football page with the Patriots, Jets, Miami, Buffalo, KC, Raiders, Denver and SanDiego represented...it's an "eat their young" site where you can post images and news articles without copyright fears...the mods are a near senile Jet fan and a Raider fan and most of the other fans see death and destruction for the Patriots with every move that's made, while the Patriot fans bludgeon them over their pin heads with the "three in five" Thor hammer.If you want to know every detail and read every single little snippet of info on the AFC teams, this is a good site. The Chiefs fans have an interesting perspective, the Dolphin fans are lockstep homers and the Jet fans not only attack everyone else, they feed upon themselves....which is pretty much hilarious....plus there are weekly postings of the latest Frank Moga III rants from Jets Insider, which are priceless.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Both football and Scudbuster (Indy Ken) are excellent mods over at KFFL. And the quality and caliber of many of the posters over there is very high.

I agree, very knowlegeable posters over at KFFL, I find I don't have to sift through as much gossip over there.

NEM said:
KFFL is a wimpy assed site run by a wimpy assed admin with wimpy assed mods, except for our BMU. BUt even with all of that, the LEGEND OF NEM will always be with them. When the NEMster left, the site just lost all of it's appeal.... Hell, even Mrs NEM and all the other little NEMS, the NEM imposters, NEMstrodamus, The GHOST of NEM, Captain NEMo, The Return of NEM, NEMaholic, NEM Sucks, The ANTI NEM, all of them....they all couldnt perform as the original, and so, the LEGEND OF NEM will forever have it's place at KFFL. :D

eNEMa,NEMrod and NEMkompoop still post there.

Remember, you cant spell enema without NEM.

Just a word of warning if you ever go to KFFL don't believe a word that "Burntorangehorns" posts, he is a liar and scum to top it off. I used to think that patsfans had a troll problem but nothing how it is encouraged and even applauded there as long as you pay money.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Both football and Scudbuster (Indy Ken) are excellent mods over at KFFL. And the quality and caliber of many of the posters over there is very high. The problem for the mods at KFFL is that they no longer have no real moderating power, coupled with a bunch of admins who are fools. That's why I left that place as one of its long time mods.

I've asked to be removed so I have no idea why they continue to list me as one of their moderators.
You're a great addition here, BMU. BTW, how does a "Crazy Canuck" happen to become a Patriots fan?

The reason I didn't mention Football along with you and Scud as the great mods on KFFL is that I just didn't recall him at the time I wrote that post. But now that I have been reminded I still wouldn't put him at your level because he had, IMO, a tendency toward arrogance and abuse of his power. He would get into disagreements with other posters and use his mod status to threaten them if they didn't shut up. That's abuse of power in my opinion.

Bobs My Uncle said:

Good to see you around BMU - thanks for the kind words and I hope all is well with you these days. How's your music library by the way? Mine is growing by leaps and bounds - I'm working on trying to burn to CD as many songs from my "all time top 750" list as I can.

I'll contact KFFL and see if they can finally get your name off as a mod. Take care buddy...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing