PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTAs DJ Foster

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to do mor with his frame than his height. I would say he is 170 soaking wet no matter what any profile says he is.

Then you'd be wrong. He was 193 at the combine and his Pro-Day. Are you seriously going to tell me that the Scouting companies lied and put an extra 20 lbs on the kid?

I will be really disappointed if DJ isn't on the final 53......unless they stash him on IR for next year...LOL

There are a couple guys that may not have a spot this year due to numbers but could be contributors next year due to free agency that I'm hopin we can somehow IR, mainly Rufus Johnson

There are a couple guys that may not have a spot this year due to numbers but could be contributors next year due to free agency that I'm hopin we can somehow IR, mainly Rufus Johnson

Young players who need reps and seasoning that can potentially contribute need to play either here or elsewhere.

Hes better off getting cut, signed to a PSQ somewhere and if by necessity, the NEP resigns him.

Young players who need reps and seasoning that can potentially contribute need to play either here or elsewhere.

Hes better off getting cut, signed to a PSQ somewhere and if by necessity, the NEP resigns him.

Yea I hear ya...I'm just greedy:)

Maybe keep him and sacrifice one of the linebacker spots. He could maybe push C. Long but I do think because of his experience, and hopefully new outlook on playing for a winner and not that deuschecanoe Stan Kroenke and the Lambs, Long could be a pleasant addition.

Yea I hear ya...I'm just greedy:)

Maybe keep him and sacrifice one of the linebacker spots. He could maybe push C. Long but I do think because of his experience, and hopefully new outlook on playing for a winner and not that deuschecanoe Stan Kroenke and the Lambs, Long could be a pleasant addition.

I hear you. I really liked what Rufus did in preseason. Has great size for the DE position.

I'm skeptical about Long. I really wonder how much he has left in the tank and if he can hold up. They need to be careful with him.

Is DJ Foster going to be this year's Dion Lewis? Hmmm

I hear you. I really liked what Rufus did in preseason. Has great size for the DE position.

I'm skeptical about Long. I really wonder how much he has left in the tank and if he can hold up. They need to be careful with him.
Not unreasonable to wonder what Long has left in the tank but I have a really good feeling about him. He seems to love it here and has really bought in.

Patricia spoke at the draft party to us and one guy asked him about Long and he spoke extremely highly of him and even said that he had to pump his breaks because at that time of the off-season league rules limit the kind of work you can do. Patricia joked he wanted to put the pads on already.

Then you'd be wrong. He was 193 at the combine and his Pro-Day. Are you seriously going to tell me that the Scouting companies lied and put an extra 20 lbs on the kid?

No. That is what he weighed at the time of the measurement but that is not what his playing weight is in college. When i see that tape he looks a lot closer to 180. The 170 remark was a bit of hyperbole to make a point.

A lot of these players leading into the combine know their weight will be scrutinized so they add weight or take weight off leading up the measurement days if they feel it is needed. Over the time between college ending and to the day their official measurements are taken is something like 3-4 months depending. I am very much in the camp of Foster intentionally put on weight to appear bigger. I don't think that weight is sustainable or natural for him to play his best. He has a naturally small frame that does not support 193lbs i believe.

This kind of thing happens with players often but preparing your body to test well or the play football well are not the same thing always.

Foster i don't think is built to carry 193 lbs and play the way he does.

Here is how he looks at the combine
2016 Combine workout: D.J. Foster
And in his college highlights

He looks smaller to me but maybe you disagree. I think how he looks when he plays will look much closer to his college build.

Last edited:
No. That is what he weighed at the time of the measurement but that is not what his playing weight is in college. When i see that tape he looks a lot closer to 180. The 170 remark was a bit of hyperbole to make a point.

A lot of these players leading into the combine know their weight will be scrutinized so they add weight or take weight off leading up the measurement days if they feel it is needed. Over the time between college ending and to the day their official measurements are taken is something like 3-4 months depending. I am very much in the camp of Foster intentionally put on weight to appear bigger. I don't think that weight is sustainable or natural for him to play his best. He has a naturally small frame that does not support 193lbs i believe.

This kind of thing happens with players often but preparing your body to test well or the play football well are not the same thing always.

Foster i don't think is built to carry 193 lbs and play the way he does.

Here is how he looks at the combine
2016 Combine workout: D.J. Foster
And in his college highlights

He looks smaller to me but maybe you disagree. I think how he looks when he plays will look much closer to his college build.

So, in other words, you have nothing factual to support your claims of what his weight was in college. Just your guesswork..

While it's well known that some of these kids try and put on weight or lose weight for the combine, it also gets well reported when they do. The reports I've seen about Foster is that he was playing at 205 in December of 2014. Can you say the same? I've not seen any reports that say Foster was anywhere close to 180 lbs, never mind 170 (even if it was hyperbole). If you can show me one from anytime in the last 2 years, great. Otherwise, you're throwing out nothing but pure unsubstantiated speculation on your part..

To ME, Foster has a similar build to Devin Hester. Hester is 5'10 5/8 and 190 lbs. And, if anything, the video, which has highlights from different seasons, shows that he got slightly bigger by his senior year. Which happens with most kids.. But that he was the same at the combine as the senior year. The only issue I see is the potential for knee injuries.. His lower legs seem small in comparison to his thighs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes