OTAs Begin, Don't Discount Their Importance

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
OTAs Begin, Don't Discount Their Importance
By: Steve Balestrieri

These initial practices are invaluable in showing the new guys how the Patriots conduct business. Everything from team meetings, how practices are conducted, what's expected of veterans and rookies is spelled out early in the process....

When there is any word on Ras I Dowling, please let us know!

This season will tell us if he is Glassy Doubting, Classy Scouting, or whatnot.

Reiss said:
Also on the medical front, second-year Patriots cornerback Ras-I Dowling figures to be managed carefully as he rehabs from hip surgery, but word is that he’s made solid progress and there have been no setbacks. He’s been a regular at Gillette Stadium all offseason, never leaving town. This week's OTAs should provide a better barometer of how far along Dowling is after the surgery.

From rotoworld:
Patriots CB Ras-I Dowling (hip surgery) is progressing in his recovery and has suffered no setbacks. Originally expected to pass on surgery and return in November, Dowling had the recommended "clean-up" and is well on his way to a full recovery. He will work out with the team in OTAs this week. Dowling is currently penciled in as the team's No. 3 corner behind Kyle Arrington and Devin McCourty. May 20 - 9:19 AM Source: ESPN Boston

That is pretty good news. Maybe.

Last edited:
Glass IR's hip surgery could be enhanced by the new tough glass fiber from Corning Glass.

Reading the recent Steve Jobs bio I observed that he contracted with Corning to use their super tough "Gorilla Glass" for the iPhone display.

After this, the term "Made of Glass" will replace Iron Man! Or maybe not.

Last edited:
Glass IR's hip surgery could be enhanced by the new tough glass fiber from Corning Glass.

Reading the recent Steve Jobs bio I observed that he contracted with Corning to use their super tough "Gorilla Glass" for the iPhone display.

After this, the term "Made of Glass" will replace Iron Man! Or maybe not.

If only that stuff had been available when Laurence Maroney was playing.

Nothing came of that then, whilst my friends iphone screen is breaking on a regular basis, my Galaxy SII with Gorilla Glass actually broke floor tiles when I dropped it :eek:

As for Dowling - one of those quotes says he could have played last year without the surgery?

Last edited:
As for Dowling - one of those quotes says he could have played last year without the surgery?

That's the conundrum we face as fans. On one hand we had Ras almost crying when placed on IR saying he could be back in season and now we read of hip surgery, never a trivial thing although Hernandez had hip surgery after his 1st season and rocked the house his 2nd season. Explicit, definitive info is impossible to obtain. All we or reporters get are snippets without the full context and caveats. No wonder fans get contentious thinking some players are, shall we say "dog faking" it with injuries of seeming minor consequence.

When does training camp start so we can stop with these angels on a head of a pin issues? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back