PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Your upset pick this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in as thinking the G-men are going to beat the boys.

This will be their third meeting this year, can the 'boys sweep them with a gimpy T.O. if he's playing at all? I don't think so as long as the latest version of Eli shows up.

Then we have to deal with all the hype of a potential Manning-Manning Super Bowl...Unless of course the Giants win and SD upsets Indy...Then Eli will have advanced further than Peyton.....

The only possible upset I see is NY beating Dallas........

Can't see SD beating Indy in Indy..........a Jax upset of NE is more likely in my mind.

I would not be surprised at all if the NFC home teams both go down. Seattle's D is very good and if Favre plays like he did vs. Chicago, the Packers are done. Romo tailed off in December and TO is hobbled, so a Giants win is no longshot at all.

Of course Jacksonville and San Diego can win, but I think they'll need the Pats and Colts to have turnoverfests which I don't see happening. It hasn't happened all year for the Pats and happened only once for the Colts...at San Diego, one week after an emotionally and physically draining game vs. the Pats; Even then the Colts came within a shanked FG of winning that game. San Diego can point to their recent success over Indy, but those editions of Indy didn't have the D this team has. A Chargers victory would shock me the most of the four games.

Regards,
Chris

I predict 2 Upsets - both in the NFC

Seahawks over Green Bay

Giants over Cowboys

Seahawks win NFC game and meet Pats in SB...

My 2 c.

BUMP to brag about my genius!

The only game where it seems like the underdog is being given the least chance is the Chargers-Colts. No one's even talking about it. Sure the Chargers played a bad game against a bad Titans team at home and struggled for most of the game, and yes they celebrated like crazy like they won the Superbowl (nice dance Norv), and yes they're an immature team with a loudmouth QB, and sure they don't seem well coached or well prepared

BUT...

they are on a winning streak. And some of the same things that people say about the Jags apply to the Chargers: good running game, and they can play free and easy, no pressure this week. No one expects them to win. Plus, it seems that maybe they match up well against the Colts, at least better than most other teams.

So this is my upset, San Diego over Indy. Um, Let's Go Chargers.

To be honest I had zero confidence in San Diego to actually pull it off, so I can't brag too much. I'm still in shock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes