PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Your upset pick this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ehhhh........have to go with the Giants. Did anyone watch the Giants/Dallas NFL Replay(both games) tonight? There were about 4-5 plays that COULD have gone the Giants' way in both games combined(whether it's Toomer barely not getting his 2nd foot down in the endzone or a near INT pick by a Giants' DB or a bad penalty negating a big play or a missed tackle or a busted ST play, etc)-otherwise, Dallas would have grinded it out with Tampa last weekend while the Eli and the Giants would have had fun baking under the sun in The Cayman Islands with Lindsey Lohan.

Anyhow-if the Giants run the ball successfully this weekend like they did in their 2 meetings, they'll have a very good shot.

Favre has the nightmare game he is way overdue for - The Seahawks take the lead early and win going away - Hawks win

my upset is that there will be no upsets. i really don't want to go through another miserable Pats/Colts week, where all i can think about is the game, and I can't even do my job effectively, but that's what it is looking like to me.

I think all four home teams will win but if I have to pick one upset it would be the Giants over Dallas. High ankle sprains are nasty and take along time to heal, leaving Crayton and Witten to get open before the Giants pass rush gets to Romo. Jacobs and the Giants rushing game looks good while the Cowboys rushing game may be a bit over rated.

Think the chalk wins this week, maybe just squeaking by in some of the games but I don't really think there'll be an upset.

I've been expecting to see the Seahawks beat the Packers all week now. Don't ask me why it's just a gut feeling I got while watching their WC game against the Skins.

That's the only away team that wins this week in my mind.

I was thinking about the opposite. The Giants may have ridden that wave as far as they could. At any rate it will be entertaining.

So many people are picking the Giants, that bandwagon is about to topple over. Now watch this be the weekend's only blowout.

And quite a few are picking the Jags, not a big surprise, it's boring if you pick the Pats. Pick the Jaguars to win and you look like a genius if by chance they do. But I don't think it's gonna happen.

And it seems like plenty of people are thinking the Seahawks can win, too.

The only game where it seems like the underdog is being given the least chance is the Chargers-Colts. No one's even talking about it. Sure the Chargers played a bad game against a bad Titans team at home and struggled for most of the game, and yes they celebrated like crazy like they won the Superbowl (nice dance Norv), and yes they're an immature team with a loudmouth QB, and sure they don't seem well coached or well prepared

BUT...

they are on a winning streak. And some of the same things that people say about the Jags apply to the Chargers: good running game, and they can play free and easy, no pressure this week. No one expects them to win. Plus, it seems that maybe they match up well against the Colts, at least better than most other teams.

So this is my upset, San Diego over Indy. Um, Let's Go Chargers.

Chargers over Colts. Giants over Cowboys

then

Chargers over Pats

then

Chargers over Packers.

I'm a homer...sue me.

No upsets this week. All the home teams win.

Chargers over Colts. Giants over Cowboys

then

Chargers over Pats

then

Chargers over Packers.

I'm a homer...sue me.

Didn't you guys get stomped in the beginning of the season? What makes you think the sparklers will beat us again?

I see all 4 home teams winning.

Seattle is the road team with the best chance because it's the playoffs and contrary to what the media would like you to believe, Brett Favre has had a lot of shaky playoff games over the last decade. No one should be surprised if he has another this week.

Seahawks. Favre throws 3 picks and feigns another life threatening elbow injury to save face and continue the worship.

Count me in as thinking the G-men are going to beat the boys.

This will be their third meeting this year, can the 'boys sweep them with a gimpy T.O. if he's playing at all? I don't think so as long as the latest version of Eli shows up.

Giants 28
Cowboys 23

Hmm....

Well, I'm also agreeing that if there is going to be a real upset, it'll be the Chargers over the Colts.

Yeah, it's prolly not gonna happen, but I'd love to see Peyton and Saint Dungy try to spin THAT one if they lost. :rocker:

My pick is Seahawks over Packers. I think Packers team is very young and they are most likely to not handle the play off pressure well.
Dallas with all the coaching and QB distractions last week is going to be severely tested by Giants and may not make it NFCCG.

My upset pick would be for the Detroit Lions to somehow get into the playoffs and make it to the SuperBowl, only to lose to the Pats.

This would be a hell of an upset, considering the Lions aren't in the playoffs.

Giants over the Cowboys. WHY?

Too many distractions and the Cowboys have been playing poorly for the last 4 games. Over that time span they have been outscored by the opposing teams and in 2 games the offense scored 10 points I believe. I don't expect them to just turn on a switch and play well in the playoffs and win. The Giants have momentum and confidence, the Cowboys do not.

Agreed, None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye