PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- You getting a lot of snow today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're getting slammed right now in east central vermont. We have 17 inches right now and expecting like 10 to 15 more before its all done over night. I love it though.

Something like 125 inches in some Western parts of the state in less than a week.

That's unbelievable.

Yeah one place got 142 inches. I lived in Watertown NY for like 2 years, its on the north eastern side of lake ontario where Lake effect snow is common. It is the ultimate expierience to see snow fall that hard. Ive lived there when we got six feet of snow in like two days. Ive seen it snow 9 inches in one hour and during that time you couldnt see your hand in front of your face if you had your arm extended out in front of you. It is defenetly the ultimate weather phenomenon.

school cancelled in the central mass area. not too much snow, it's a sleety/icy mix. i got the day off from work. i'm not complaining
"No school, all schools in Dover". Sweetest words ever heard as a kid in school. :rocker:

Snow to sleet to rain here on the South Shore. I work downtown and take the Hingham commuter boat. Boat was tossing around pretty good for Boston Harbor. I heard wind Gusts were 60 mph plus. Lots of those slushy puddles downtown where you think you are stepping on snow and the water goes over your ankle.:mad:

Snow to sleet to rain here on the South Shore. I work downtown and take the Hingham commuter boat. Boat was tossing around pretty good for Boston Harbor. I heard wind Gusts were 60 mph plus. Lots of those slushy puddles downtown where you think you are stepping on snow and the water goes over your ankle.:mad:
I was thinking of those the other day for some reason. I miss them in California...not. Also, the rain on top of powder snow followed by freezing temps and your foot goes through it and cuts your ankle. If it doesn't kill you it makes you tougher, right?

We got over a foot of the densest, yet powdery snow I have ever seen. we had a bit of sleet at times but was mostly snow. Just finished snow blowing it up. Wow that stuff was heavy! Temps here never made it above 18 all day.

I was thinking of those the other day for some reason. I miss them in California...not. Also, the rain on top of powder snow followed by freezing temps and your foot goes through it and cuts your ankle. If it doesn't kill you it makes you tougher, right?

As we speak the tempatures are dropping from the high 30's to the teens so all that heavy rain and slush is going to freeze. Time to break out the ice skates.:(

In the north country, we measure snow in feet. I think we're scheduled for 1 and 1/2 feet before it's done. I grew up in NY with lake effect snow. We never had a "snow day". I didn't know what it was until I started to work in MA.

we are not getting any snow today. have not all week

Got down to 70 today here.

In 1.5 hours of digging this miserable storm killed my snowblower:( broke two shovels, and bent a third into a frozen pretzel. At that point I took a break for an hour or so. The only shovel that could hang was a beast that's been sitting in my garage for 50+ years and at least three different owners. Its funny to see over $800 in modern, snow removal technology trumped by a tool that probably cost less than 5 bucks brand new.

We're getting slammed right now in east central vermont. We have 17 inches right now and expecting like 10 to 15 more before its all done over night. I love it though.
East central vermont? What is that, 10 miles from west south Vermont? LOL from a New Hampshire native. :p

In 1.5 hours of digging this miserable storm killed my snowblower:( broke two shovels, and bent a third into a frozen pretzel. At that point I took a break for an hour or so. The only shovel that could hang was a beast that's been sitting in my garage for 50+ years and at least three different owners. Its funny to see over $800 in modern, snow removal technology trumped by a tool that probably cost less than 5 bucks brand new.

I feel cold, just reading what you wrote. I can only sympathise and will remind myself not to complain when the temperature drops to 0 degrees C (32F).

I feel cold, just reading what you wrote. I can only sympathise and will remind myself not to complain when the temperature drops to 0 degrees C (32F).

How about this. Last night I went out to clear the 8+ inches that I had. After 2 hours, I was hit by ice pellets falling for another half hour. All this while my hunky body was being ravaged by a Flod virus.

Then this morning I got to get up at 5AM and do it all over again because another 4 inches fell and the 30MPH winds caused drifting.

If it weren't for you English coming over here, I would be somewhere in Scotland, Ireland, Germany, or some other country instead of dealing with this crap.:mad: ( We are a nation of mongrels)

Thanks alot!

In the north country, we measure snow in feet. I think we're scheduled for 1 and 1/2 feet before it's done. I grew up in NY with lake effect snow. We never had a "snow day". I didn't know what it was until I started to work in MA.

Where in NY?

How about this. Last night I went out to clear the 8+ inches that I had. After 2 hours, I was hit by ice pellets falling for another half hour. All this while my hunky body was being ravaged by a Flod virus.

Then this morning I got to get up at 5AM and do it all over again because another 4 inches fell and the 30MPH winds caused drifting.

If it weren't for you English coming over here, I would be somewhere in Scotland, Ireland, Germany, or some other country instead of dealing with this crap.:mad: ( We are a nation of mongrels)

Thanks alot!

Well, think of it this way: it's exercise like this that transforms you into a butch he-man who is irresistible to women (or, alternatively, it gives you a heart attack that puts you beyond caring). ;)

(My apartment building in Berlin employs someone to clear snow, by the way. Being German, he made sure that he scraped every last millimetre of ice off the courtyard with his shovel -- at 2.30 a.m. Sleep? Who needs it?)

Well, think of it this way: it's exercise like this that transforms you into a butch he-man who is irresistible to women (or, alternatively, it gives you a heart attack that puts you beyond caring). ;)

(My apartment building in Berlin employs someone to clear snow, by the way. Being German, he made sure that he scraped every last millimetre of ice off the courtyard with his shovel -- at 2.30 a.m. Sleep? Who needs it?)

Berlin? I thought that you were in Cambridge, Ma.

Does 'M" send you to different assignments after Miss Moneypenny calls you on her shoe phone?

Berlin? I thought that you were in Cambridge, Ma.

Does 'M" send you to different assignments after Miss Moneypenny calls you on her shoe phone?

Please stop asking questions and making spurious links to things that do not interest you. Accidents happen, you know.... :D

One should expect that of a country where "don't cross" always means "don't cross", even when there are no cars due for the next hundred years. ;)

Last edited:
One should expect that of a country where "don't cross" always means "don't cross", even when there are no cars due for the next hundred years. ;)

That kind of 'humor' is Verboten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey