PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- You getting a lot of snow today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No snow here on Cape Cod but a boat load of Rain!

I can't remember the last time it was 28 degrees...maybe January.

That was the temp. around 9:30 this morning. Haven't checked since. It's warmed up a bit since then because the sun has come out.

Its rainy /snowy/ slushy all over Providence, RI area.

About the first real snowy incident we've had. Can't complain really. I barely had to clear the snow off my truck.

Sorry, foot as in TWELVE INCHES?????? WTF?

Why, do you think that's a lot?

LOL, we got hit with a 2 foot snow in early October that knocked down a lot of trees.

Then we got nothing until late January, and now every day since 3 weeks ago, we've been getting 3 inches of Lake Effect, though we did get our first 12 incher since October. 20 minutes south of my house they have 4 feet of snow, and 2 hours east, 12 feet of snow.

Such are the whims of the Lakes.

Last edited:
Why, do you think that's a lot?

LOL, In England they see as much snow as Alabama does. However it's constantly raining and it gets dark at 4:30 in the afternoon!!! :eek:

Sorry, foot as in TWELVE INCHES?????? WTF?

That's correct,Cat! And, as a parting gift you have won the home version of Jeopardy!

8158682.jpg

Where're you from patsnutme?

York County, Maine. The extreme Southern part, only abot 20 miles from Portsmouth , NH.

I live in Franklin County in Maine and have a foot so far and other foot expected by morning, plus wind blowing to 40 miles per hour blizzard conditions. Though we are luck first real snow storm in two years here.

We had a few inches this morning, then nothing. Now it's really starting to pick up here in York County, Maine. They are saying we should get a foot.

I'm home with a Flod virus anyway so no driving in it. May change to freezing rain then back to snow. :mad:

Hey now there we go! Nice to see someone from my hometown!

That's correct!And, as a parting gift you have won the home version of Jeopardy!

8158682.jpg

Yeah... thanks!

Sey is right; the weather here in winter is overwhemingly dull, with some rain, and nightfall is at 4pm in mid December. :(

It used to snow quite a bit in Northern England (on the edge of the Pennine Hills), where I lived when I was a kid, but there was never a foot's worth.

LOL, In England they see as much snow as Alabama does. However it's constantly raining and it gets dark at 4:30 in the afternoon!!! :eek:

It gets dark just after 4:00 here in late December.

I'm in Upstate NY, and we're getting hammered. Supposed to get at least two feet.

Bring it on, I say!

Yeah... thanks!

Sey is right; the weather here in winter is overwhemingly dull, with some rain, and nightfall is at 4pm in mid December. :(

It used to snow quite a bit in Northern England (on the edge of the Pennine Hills), where I lived when I was a kid, but there was never a foot's worth.

I don't know where Box lives but it's somewhere in upstate NY. They got an average of over 3 feet last week. One place got 10 feet. It's called "lake effect" snow. So, my foot is small compared to what they have.

I won't be saying that tonight when I have to snow blow out my driveway.

I don't know where Box lives but it's somewhere in upstate NY. They got an average of over 3 feet last week. One place got 10 feet. It's called "lake effect" snow. So, my foot is small compared to what they have.

I won't be saying that tonight when I have to snow blow out my driveway.

Something like 125 inches in some Western parts of the state in less than a week.

That's unbelievable.

No snow.

Not even rain.

It's nice here today in South Florida. Tanning weather.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 69
Glad someone asked.

Here in our cozy, wooded, rural area of Vermont -- we're getting hammered! It's o.k. though, it really hasn't been much of a winter till now (except temps). Currently, we're at -4F with over 14" thus far. Lots more has been predicted through Thurs am...maybe as much as 3 feet total. This one I tend to believe will be accurate...when most of the other storms have missed us. High winds are upon us now...when most of the day has been just a steady snowfall.

After the snow removal, they'll be lots to look forward to. Snowshoes are ready, willing, and able...:D

The storm is slowing down a bit here in Northeastern PA - We got 8-14 inches plus layers of sleet on top and mixed in last night-Its a mess.

Now we must deal with 40 MPH winds tonight and tomorrow with another 1-2 inches of light snow and blowing and drifting overnight tonight.

in northern virginia/dc we got a little snow and a lot of ice. i couldn't believe it when i got on the roads; nothing had been plowed. divided highways weren't plowed. i talked to my boss later and learned 95 wasn't even plowed (to contrast this, yesterday morning before anything had started yet there were plows on the side of the road waiting for it to start).

i decided I could still get to work (i have snow tires and i know how to drive in the white stuff) until i got a little way down the road to see a car going the wrong way towards me down a divided highway. i then thought about the moronic accident i witnessed yesterday as i was leaving work (early, due to it sleeting) where someone on an access road actually waited to cross until we got the green.

the fact that i know how to drive in the snow means nothing when others freak out and drive like absolute morons. i decided my car and health were more important than making it to work.

my little story aside, for whatever reason Albany gets a lot of snow. We'd get over a foot in Albany and I'd call my parents in Keene NH and they would have gotten 2-6. My last 3 years there we got at least two 2 foot storms each year. My fiancee was thrilled to get out. I definitely don't miss the stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey