PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson says Jets' tampering would be worse than Spygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Yahoo Sport's Charles Robinson says Jets' tampering would be worse than Spyga

The should have all of their Superbowl titles stripped.........oh wait.

Seriously, I know it's a pipe dream but I hope this story grows some legs and gets bigger as the season progresses.

You and me both. But lets face it, there will probably never be as a big a story as spygate was even though we (and even honest opposing fans will admit this) all know that it was blown way out of proportion. Plus spygate was more glamorous, meaning even a non sports fan could understand what it was all about, whereas tampering with draft picks isn't so readily understood.

Re: OT: Yahoo Sport's Charles Robinson says Jets' tampering would be worse than Spyga

I wouldn't really care. On one hand, I'd kinda like to see a first-round pick taken, for consistency's sake and to shut up Jets fans. OTOH hand, it would be almost as stupid as the Spygate penalty was.

If their actions made it impossible for the 49ers to sign their #1 pick, the Jets have essentially stolen that pick. They should have to pay that back with a 1st rounder.

Last edited:

Charge the Jets a first round pick.

If the problem is systemic and they choose to treat it that way and not fine the Jets, that's okay, too, as long as the Patriots are given a first round pick in the next draft to compensate.

(David Harris has just been erased from patsfans.com)

Oops...looks like I just did.

And your point makes no sense. If the Pats knew what the Rams and Panthers were calling on "D" why did they win both of those SB's by last second FG's? Did "knowing" the Eagles "D" make McNabb dry heave in the huddle and make the team refuse to go hurry-up on the last drive of the last one?

Last edited by a moderator:

I would love to see those little hypocrites get the book thrown out them. But, IMHO, tampering is so widespread and common that the athletes themselves don't even realize it's forbidden.

Lawyer Milloy came out and made public statements that he had received offers from the Redskins while still under contract with the Patriots. His agent had to quickly backtrack, but I honestly believe that Milloy thought absolutely nothing of his statement. He just threw it out there because it was common and he probably didn't even realize that even winking at another team is a serious violation of NFL rules.

I'm sure tampering is widespread, and I'll presume that no team is in a position to be throwing stones at the Jets. However, this sounds a little special. IF the Jets are directly negotiating in any way with Crabtree's agent such that it impairs SF's ability to sign their top 10 draft pick, that would be unprecedented, and would be a really big deal.
I agree with this. If true, this goes a bit beyond the typical "negotiating with a guy a couple weeks before he becomes a free agent anyway" we see all the time (I'm talking to you, Mr. Albert Haynesworth).

IMHO, this is a much more serious allegation - and I am not just saying that because I love to see Jets fans squirm.

What are you doing trolling Pats boards now? We didn't think we'd see you again 'til November.

His team just won their Super Bowl. Cut him some slack. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

There are 31 other teams out there.

There MUST be something to the reason that the Jets are the only team being mentioned in this.

I won't say anything other than I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching this story unfold.
IIRC, Deion said there were 2 teams who had made offers. So that lends all sorts of speculation about who they may be. Obviously, we're hearing formal charges made against the Jets but for now we are left with nothing but guesswork regarding the other team.

My money's on Dallas :D

Re: OT:Yahoo Sport's Charles Robinson says Jet's tampering would be worse than Spygat

Considering it's the Jets, I like "Tampaxgate."

a 1st and 2nd round pick, regardless of playoffs, this year

Personally, I prefer "Crabgate" but "Tampergate" is good too.

I prefer crabcakes myself, being a new englander and all. :)

Goodell's investigation will be half assed because he will not

want to punish the Jets. Maybe, he will fine them $500.

I wouldn't really care. On one hand, I'd kinda like to see a first-round pick taken, for consistency's sake and to shut up Jets fans. OTOH hand, it would be almost as stupid as the Spygate penalty was.

Oh really...would you care if Crabtree was the Patriots #1 this year and the jests stuck their nose where it doesn't belong and you watched your #1 go unsigned??

I do agree this is much worse than a stupid memo violation that all teams had been doing for years.

I think nothing will happen because we all know Goodell is a Jet fan.

Burn the Meadowlands and let Ed the Fireman put it out!

Burn the Meadowlands and let Ed the Fireman put it out!

How about burn Ed the Fireman, and have the Meadowlands put out?

How about burn Ed the Fireman, and have the Meadowlands put out?
Mix n Match works with me.

Oh really...would you care if Crabtree was the Patriots #1 this year and the jests stuck their nose where it doesn't belong and you watched your #1 go unsigned??

I do agree this is much worse than a stupid memo violation that all teams had been doing for years.

I think nothing will happen because we all know Goodell is a Jet fan.

The Pats wouldn't draft an idiot like Crabtree in the first place, so it's kind of a moot point. Like with Spygate, this is something that happens every day in the NFL: it's a fact of life, and it's not going to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back