PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WR Javon Walker willing to sign for the NFL minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasting Brady's time with a lost cause?
How about David Terrell, Donald Hayes, Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Joey Galloway, etc., etc.?
It's happened ALL the time.

I think it will be apparent pretty quickly which guys have a chance and which don't.
Vet min - sign and cut? Where's the real harm?

VJCPatriot, you are right on Thank You!!!!

You potentially lose Brady's time and effort focusing on a lost cause. I'd rather see him working with 2-3 draft picks. About the only veteran player I'd be interesting in adding at this juncture is Branch because he already knows the system and scheme and QB and had proven he can execute within those parameters...

Should Bill then have made a better (or any) effort to re-sign Dante Stallworth? His knowledge of the offense is more recent than Branch's, and he's healthier. He wouldn't have cost much (1 year/$900K, IIRC), and he would've had a 3-month head start on any post-June 1st casualty. In fact, by the time regular TC would've opened, Bill & BO'B would've known whether Stallworth would've been worth keeping, or whether they would've needed to find another vet.

Brady will def. be working with 2-3 draft picks/UDFA signings, no matter who else is in camp. But just in case most (or any) of them aren't ready to help, it would've been nice to have had an inexpensive fall-back plan. Now if Branch is eventually released, returns to the NEP, passes a physical (no lock there), and re-signs here, then my Stallworth angst will be quenched.

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone can be anywhere near content with our current group of WRs

Moss is getting older,Edelman could be a star on the rise OR he could be a one year wonder,especially once teams have more of him on film....then comes Stanback,Aiken and whoever - After Edelman you might as well call it quits

Welker won't be around until the snowflakes fall or at least after Thanksgiving IMO and even then what kind of Welker will we see in 2010?

That pretty much sums up how much in need we are at the position,If you are content you must really think Aiken or Stanback is going to make noise this year...I wouldn't hold my breath.

This team needs a veteran,even if its a chancy type like Walker who would come cheap or a high ranked intelligent rookie to teach fast.

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone can be anywhere near content with our current group of WRs

Moss is getting older,Edelman could be a star on the rise OR he could be a one year wonder,especially once teams have more of him on film....then comes Stanback,Aiken and whoever - After Edelman you might as well call it quits

Welker won't be around until the snowflakes fall or at least after Thanksgiving IMO and even then what kind of Welker will we see in 2010?

That pretty much sums up how much in need we are at the position,If you are content you must really think Aiken or Stanback is going to make noise this year...I wouldn't hold my breath.

This team needs a veteran,even if its a chancy type like Walker who would come cheap or a high ranked intelligent rookie to teach fast.

Glad to hear your feeling better from that Idiotic Jet fan that t-boned you you are right on with your post !!!:singing::singing::singing:

Glad to hear your feeling better from that Idiotic Jet fan that t-boned you you are right on with your post !!!:singing::singing::singing:

This site keeps me busy and away from MY OWN sad looking physical site ;)

This guy truly baffles me. How can you go from one of the most feared wr's in football to an absolute harmless kitten? How can you just forget how to play football like he has? I understand the lazy part, he does appear from an outsiders view to be just that.

Watching him with Green Bay was a pleasure, I just don't think we should sign him though. As good as he was with the packers, he's had two teams to atleast show something and bombed in both cities. I'm not sure if BB and Brady could fix Walker.

He is a strange case that always makes you think. What happened to that guy?

This guy truly baffles me. How can you go from one of the most feared wr's in football to an absolute harmless kitten? How can you just forget how to play football like he has? I understand the lazy part, he does appear from an outsiders view to be just that.

Watching him with Green Bay was a pleasure, I just don't think we should sign him though. As good as he was with the packers, he's had two teams to atleast show something and bombed in both cities. I'm not sure if BB and Brady could fix Walker.

He is a strange case that always makes you think. What happened to that guy?

He went to Israel for experimental surgery without telling his team.

Sounds like all sorts of red flags there, like the guy has serious knee damage and he's done.

Not saying I know that, but deciding to go to Israel for experimental surgery without telling doctors or trainers?

Read between the lines.

the organization restructured his deal in March of 2009 in a move that reportedly saved the club $22 million.

“We are very happy Javon agreed to restructure his contract and be a part of what we’re building here,” senior executive John Herrera said. “This shows his loyalty and commitment to being a member of the Oakland Raiders and we’re excited about that.”

The executive continued: “The guy can play, he’s proven that before. He was injured last year and didn’t get the chance to show what he can do. This gives him that opportunity.”

Great. so he was healthy and restructured his contract. Sounds like it was all systems go for 2009...

He did not record any stats in 2009 and was a healthy inactive for the majority of the campaign, as he stated in September, “I’m more than healthy enough. I’m just going with the flow.”

Hmmmm. Seems to be a little incongruity there somewhere... :confused:

Raiders finally cut WR Walker, also dump DE Ellis | Silver and Black Report

Last edited:
He went to Israel for experimental surgery without telling his team.

Sounds like all sorts of red flags there, like the guy has serious knee damage and he's done.

Not saying I know that, but deciding to go to Israel for experimental surgery without telling doctors or trainers?

Read between the lines.

Well if that's the case I would love to see the first trainer that looks at his mri in the states. "Javon it looks like you've had your knee reconstructed with camel toes."

he was done 3 yrs ago.

maybe we could talk jerry rice out of retirement.

It just makes me wonder (no M.D.) can they tell if this thing is healed well without opening him back up? Could he appear OK then have it fall apart under stress?

My other concern is, was this a ploy on the part of Oakland to avoid an injury settlement, since they got a massive restructuring on that contract?

Second question is out of ignorance, I don't even try to understand these complex contract rules.

That's why it's so nice to have Miguel.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back