PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Would Lovie be a fit in San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smg93

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Judging by the negotiations that have been going on regarding a contract extension for Bears coach Lovie Smith who was offered a below market value contract of $3.2 million a year, I wonder how long it will take before a call from San Diego could be forthcoming? What's anyone else's take on this?

Right about now, anyone would be a good fit in San Diego. Seriously though,if he was hired I think his success would depend on who his offensive coaches were.

From little of what I've seen from Lovie,he seems inept at anything other than defense. I don't know if this is true or not, I don't folloow there team or him. It's just a perception I get from his handling of the Grossman/Griese fiasco. From Bears fans I talked to who watched preseason ,most concured that Griese kicked Grossmans ass. And most were frustrasted the way he handled the offense this season.

Who know's? Maybe on his way out the door he may explain that Grossman was the owners or Gm's decision all along?

Lovie Smith is not that good a coach. The truth will out eventually.

I thought Lovie still has one year left on his contract, heard that on sirius nfl radio, but could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes