PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

World Cup Thread.

Superb pens from Robben and Garay. 1-2 after four.

Sneijder, so reliable, sees his saved and then Aguero scuffs his in the corner. 1-3 after six. Kuyt has to score.

Kuyt does score but it's over after Maxi Rodriguez hammers his in the corner. Germany v Argentina in the final!

Lol! What did I say. They're chokers! :D

Cillassen should have saved Maxi's effort, but it's a footnote now.

Crazy stuff.

Benedict vs. Francis in the finals.......just saying :D

brazil fans NOW ready to jump off a cliff...and if Argentina wins...oh boy

I don't see how Germany will lose

Watching soccer sux, especially the way that the South Americans & Euros do so with such ridiculous
fanaticism. So I'm glad that the Brazilians lost…and the USA too. I now hope that I won't have to hear
about it for at least another 4 years. Any sport that disallows the use of hands is ******ed.

Germany peaked too early, Argentina will win! (I hope...)

Germany looks like the best team but Argentina has the best player in the world. I am rooting for Messi and Argentina because i really think he deserves his place in history and the Cup guarantees that. Argentina's defense has solidified throughout the tournament and they have shut out some really good teams in the knockout stages, so Germany isn't going to get the free reign they had against Brazil. Should be a great match, can't wait.

Watching soccer sux, especially the way that the South Americans & Euros do so with such ridiculous
fanaticism. So I'm glad that the Brazilians lost…and the USA too. I now hope that I won't have to hear
about it for at least another 4 years. Any sport that disallows the use of hands is ******ed.

I'm just wondering, are you Beavis, or are you Butthead? It is really hard to tell.

this year count: "Defense wins Games, Offense wins Championships = Germany four Stars.

I thought Argentina was the better team for the first 85 minutes, than it seems Robben found his legs and Holland looked like they were about the score. It was a good, hard, physical game, and I think Argentina deserved to go through.

If Germany contains Messi the way Holland did..Germany wins the cup. I don't think there's any question Germany the better team. They came out of a tougher group and dominated some good teams ....but Messi is still Messi. All it takes is one mistake and he'll kill you.

Granted I don't watch much soccer but I've watched both Germany and Argentina and Germany just looks like an unstoppable machine. Though the 2007 Patriots were too... until they got stopped. Sorry for the painful memory.

Yesterday's game was the polar opposite of what we saw in Germany/Brazil matchup. Two teams with a solid plan to neutralize the other team's attack, staying committed, and executed the game plan.

The Dutch really should have scored at the end of regulation. They started to dominate and had many opportunities to score. I thought Argentina played really well in the first half despite Messi being blanketed constantly by two defenders. They also had their chances even in such a tight game.

Robben was fantastic again. Van Persie shouldn't have played to begin with. He was useless and actually screwed up a couple of buildups. Vlaar was fantastic defending Messi. He was like Revis on a WR with safety help lol.

I thought Mascherano was man of the match. He was all over the place and made some game saving tackles.

Feel bad for the Netherlands. I was rooting for them to finally win one. But I'm looking forward to the finals on Sunday.

Germany played 45 minutes of soccer and has 4 days rest
Argentina played 120 minutes of soccer and has 3 days rest

That's just too much of an advantage to give the Germans. I don't see them losing.

Yesterday's game was the polar opposite of what we saw in Germany/Brazil matchup. Two teams with a solid plan to neutralize the other team's attack, staying committed, and executed the game plan.

The Dutch really should have scored at the end of regulation. They started to dominate and had many opportunities to score. I thought Argentina played really well in the first half despite Messi being blanketed constantly by two defenders. They also had their chances even in such a tight game.

Robben was fantastic again. Van Persie shouldn't have played to begin with. He was useless and actually screwed up a couple of buildups. Vlaar was fantastic defending Messi. He was like Revis on a WR with safety help lol.

I thought Mascherano was man of the match. He was all over the place and made some game saving tackles.

Feel bad for the Netherlands. I was rooting for them to finally win one. But I'm looking forward to the finals on Sunday.

I was rooting for Holland too, and it really sucks for them. With Robben, Sneijder, Huntelaar and Van Persie all being 30, can't help but feel that 2010 and 2014 were their best chances. it might be a while before they have a core of players that good and in their prime again.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back