PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Will Smith DE Saints Shot and Killed Tonight! RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reports it sounds like this started before this crash or something before hand caused it..i am sure we will find out sooner or later. RIP

Are we really about to turn this into a NYJFL conversation? Outta here with that.

No we aren't. That was the actual statement made by the NFL. You can take it however you wish. I just think that an organization that makes billions every season can treat a family and a deceased employee better than sending out the equivalent of a classified ad out to the world.

No we aren't. That was the actual statement made by the NFL. You can take it however you wish. I just think that an organization that makes billions every season can treat a family and a deceased employee better than sending out the equivalent of a classified ad out to the world.
What exactly should they have said that they didn't say?

I hate Goodell as much as anyone, but to go off on him and the league over the proper way to pay condolences to a murdered former player is silly.

From reports it sounds like this started before this crash or something before hand caused it..i am sure we will find out sooner or later. RIP
As has been reported, Smith was having dinner with a cop that Hayes sued for the alleged wrongful death of Hayes' father.

This may be just a big coincidence, but that is a heckuva coincidence.

What exactly should they have said that they didn't say?

I hate Goodell as much as anyone, but to go off on him and the league over the proper way to pay condolences to a murdered former player is silly.

Look, I can certainly understand how it might be more disingenuous if he tried to write a personal statement when they clearly had no other ties other than the NFL.

But, know how we all had a problem with the way Brady was treated (and rightfully so)? Well, Smith was treated the same during Bountygate with Goodell smearing his good name and character. Then he comes out with this cookie-cutter, "hope his family's OK, he'll be missed" statement.

I know that's his obligation but I can see how some folks could feel a bit sore after reading it.

Look, I can certainly understand how it might be more disingenuous if he tried to write a personal statement when they clearly had no other ties other than the NFL.

But, know how we all had a problem with the way Brady was treated (and rightfully so)? Well, Smith was treated the same during Bountygate with Goodell smearing his good name and character. Then he comes out with this cookie-cutter, "hope his family's OK, he'll be missed" statement.

I know that's his obligation but I can see how some folks could feel a bit sore after reading it.
I haven't heard any Saints fans be sore about it, and they even have a reason to as well considering their past with Goodell.

I haven't heard any Saints fans be sore about it, and they even have a reason to as well considering their past with Goodell.

The opinion is out there, I didn't say it was a majority. Just that I can sympathize with those who do feel that way. Especially if a player attempts to wear anything honoring Smith this season and is soundly rejected and/or fined.

As has been reported, Smith was having dinner with a cop that Hayes sued for the alleged wrongful death of Hayes' father.

Didn't know that..my guess is this is what started it then...yeah that's too much of a coincidence

Sounds like there is no coincidence.

The cop was being stalked and poor Will interfeared with a deranged wack-job's mission

Too bad New Orleans doesnt have stricter gun control laws, because if they did...the Exact Same Thing would have happened.

Deranged Criminals With No Regard For Human Life Do Not Abide By the Law.

This is so incredible sad. He was so young . RIP !

I wish the guy who gunned him down gets the death penalty. What a senseless tragedy .

I wonder if Hayes mistakedly tailed Smith, thinking he was the cop, and ended up shooting the wrong man.

I wonder if Hayes mistakedly tailed Smith, thinking he was the cop, and ended up shooting the wrong man.
I was considering that same possibility as well. Maybe he thought it was the cop in the car and was so overloaded on adrenaline that he just started shooting before realizing it was the wrong person.

If this was revenge motivated, sure seems weird to kill the dinner companion of a cop as opposed to the cop himself. Whether Smith was deliberately targeted or if this is an entirely random coincidence, it is such a tragedy and a waste.

i cut off a dude driving big ford 350. who was driving 15mph in a 20mph school zone(with no kids). he got super angry at me. followed me and cut me off and got out of the car. he was angry. pure road rage. i screamed at him as well.

i should've just said sorry and drive away. i could've been a victim. my wife was there too. crazy world.

They have video purporting to show how it all started, but it raises questions as well. It shows Hayes stopping well before the intersection and Smith rear ending him. Hayes pulls over as if to expect Smith to pull over and maybe exchange insurance info or something, but it looks like Smith just drove around him and drove off. Hayes went after him and the tragic ending ensued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes