PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Will Romo Lay Another Egg? Giants vs Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBLAZE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
This is an interesting game on Sunday. Giants being overvalued for their performances last two weeks, at the same time, TO is a game-time decision, and Romo is inexperienced in the playoffs.

Jessica Simpson is also expected to be in attendance.

jessica_simpson_leather_mini_shirt_2.jpg

Who do you guys like in this NFC match-up?

I have a picture of Romo sitting at the endzone holding his face mask I had it silk screened on the back of one of my patriot sweatshirts!!!!!
That is my favorite picture of all time
remember "The Agony of Defeet" ABC Sports used to have, and the dude fell off the high jump?
I think this picture of Tony is this generations "Agony" picture!
My old man is a solid Cowboys fan, and he HATES my sweatshirt! makes me happy!

I think last years debacle at Seattle still hangs around in Romo's head but I think he has continued to mature and moving up quickly to an Elite NFL QB status

I would be shocked if Dallas does not get to the SB that Romo would be the reason again.

IMO Romo played a very solid game last season and had his team in position to win. The refs blew the 1st down call to Witten and the botched snap ensued. But as a Qb, Romo was more than adequate, especially for a 1st year starter in his 1st playoff game.

Last edited:
Honestly-what worries me more about this game is that Eli seems to SHOW UP when he plays Dallas. Plus his receiving corps is finally healthy and playing their best football(Plax, Toomer, the other Steve Smith, and Kevin Boss is filling in nicely for Shockey). AND-Ahmad Bradshaw has given them another dimension in the running game recently.

Their D has looked pretty good too in recent weeks.

Anyhow, even *with* Owens, this is going to be a tough game for us. The Giants could have easily beaten us twice...yeah-there were a few plays that could have easily gone their way that decided these nailbiters.

IMO Romo played a very solid game last season and had his team in position to win. The refs blew the 1st down call to Witten and the botched snap ensued. But as a Qb, Romo was more than adequate, especially for a 1st year starter in his 1st playoff game.

Replay DID get that call right-as much as I hate to admit it, it was obvious Witten didn't make that first down-thank goodness we DO have replay, IMHO, that will keep these games on an even keel.

As for that botched snap, if it weren't for that, Julius Jones would have been highly talked about for his 100+ yard game. He had an incredibly second half, which also helped us drive down for the potential game winner.

Suspected that the Giants would have played poorly last week, but they were strong.. did not pick them.. this week I might go with them.. their D is playing well and Eli seems to be playing better. Do not like Romo for some reason, maybe he is a "system QB"??

Suspected that the Giants would have played poorly last week, but they were strong.. did not pick them.. this week I might go with them.. their D is playing well and Eli seems to be playing better. Do not like Romo for some reason, maybe he is a "system QB"??

As much flack TO gets for being a selfish teammate, he IS the engine that makes the Dallas O click-when he went down in the Carolina game, you saw how lost they became in the 2nd half-otherwise, they were ready to cruise to an easy win. Ditto the Skins game the week after when he sat out.

Who do you guys like in this NFC match-up?

Her.
jessica_simpson_leather_mini_shirt_2.jpg

Actually, I expect the Giants to win, which will probably put 2 Mannings in the conf championships and a potential "Manning Bowl", leading to more media-boners than anything we've seen since Monica Lewinsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back