PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT? Will Nick Mangold miss week 5 vs PATS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I, a Jets fan, I don't know the Jets roster, but you, an some others, are going to tell me about the Jets roster?

LMAO

Yes, yes we are.
Still waiting for you to list your "plenty of quality depth" assesment

We will sign Cade McNown to play QB against the Jets, just to make it even.

BTW, I'll be shocked if Mangold misses more than 2 games.

Last edited:
Putting your 3rd string undrafted rookie in front of Seymour, Ngata and Wilfork in consecutive weeks is likely not making the San-grenade feel very secure.

San-Grenade.....LOL

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

So, I, a Jets fan, I don't know the Jets roster, but you, an some others, are going to tell me about the Jets roster?

LMAO

Is that why even Jet fans call Ducasse " VLAD THE MATADOR" ??

:eek: :singing: :rocker:

Lol @ people hoping and wishing for Mangold to be out for our game.

Whether he's in or not, who cares. We need to just be ready for them either way. With or without mangold, the Jets are still a good team.

this thread makes me want to smash my face in to a wall

seriously......

I like the whole "one game at a time" mantra, but I'll bite. I hope he doesn't miss that game because if we win, I don't want Jets fans to have any excuses. They (and the Colts fan base) are known for trying to make excuses when they lose a game against anyone, especially the Patriots.

I like the whole "one game at a time" mantra, but I'll bite. I hope he doesn't miss that game because if we win, I don't want Jets fans to have any excuses. They (and the Colts fan base) are known for trying to make excuses when they lose a game against anyone, especially the Patriots.

but at the same point if we were to lose the game then our MANY injuries are to be blamed and I do not want it to come to that. It would be humorous watching a JET fan gripe about not having 1 key dude. We unfortunately have taken a much greater key player and depth hit b/c of injuries :(

but at the same point if we were to lose the game then our MANY injuries are to be blamed and I do not want it to come to that. It would be humorous watching a JET fan gripe about not having 1 key dude. We unfortunately have taken a much greater key player and depth hit b/c of injuries :(

I hear you. We have some time at least to get some of those guys back, one of which is our very good punter. We'll see what happens.

That's swell, solid football talk there. :rolleyes:

Been perusing any Jets boards lately? That was a throwaway joke line and still has more football intelligence in it than anything you'll find on JI.

We're still waiting for you're sterling depth.

The O-line depth is a disaster. Hunter is terrible and is starting and if Vlad the self-impaler can't beat him out... well. Be honest you're praying he doesn't need to get in a real game.

Wr? Well you've got Holmes and.... Mason looks slow and Burress has proven he can play against Dallas 4th string.

RB Greene starting to look like a JAG, old LT, and Busty McKnight.

TE Keller and.... Cumberland looks okay but so far he seems more like one of those "nobody covers me yet TE's". I'd love to see him have to make plays with Keller out.

The D-line is pretty meh to me. Solid not spectacular, but again, outside the starters where they're forced to start a rookie, where is the depth?

LB's - Really solid group. Resurgence of Pace has been the biggest story so far for the Jets this year. If he stays healthy and playing at a high level, he adds the pass-rush demention that they really need. But if he gets hurt, I go back to depth. Westerman looks like a great pre-season player. Training camp hero,but hasn't done squat in a real game.

Safeties - starters are about as bad as ours. back-ups are about as bad as ours. Witten abused the Jets and Gronk will do the same. Your opponent injury luck continues with Hernandez almost surely out for the Jets game.

CB - I would love to see the Jets have to play a game without the Revis Rules(TM). As for depth. Wilson has looked good when all he has to do is blitz from the slot against McClown. would love to see him spend a game chasing a legit starting receiver.

In short, yeah, lots of Pats fans are familiar with the Jets. And I am 100% confident saying that the Pats are better set up to deal with losing guys than the Jets are.

from personal experience I have had friends out for 8 and 12 weeks... some 6.

My point is if he is brought back too soon he puts his season in jeopardy.

I realize NFL have access to the best kind of healing/treatments It is the WORST type of Ankle sprain and these sprains are awful and it would be foolish to bring him back in 3 weeks. Would the JETS risk their most valuable lineman for extended time for just 1 game? I hope they actually think for once. Shutting him down for 4-5 is the best move

Granted it was the Super Bowl, but Brady played pretty well 2 weeks after suffering a high ankle sprain against Pitts. Mangold is tough, he is plays in a phone booth, and it's the Pats--He'll play.

Exactly what I was getting too.

Lets just play some good football. Lets have a good game and beat the Jets at their best. Where's the honor?

We should really be worried about Dustin Keller and the way he's been Gronk'ing these defenses so far.

Last edited:

Yeah, because we aren't missing our starting C too...

And our TE. Maybe they should sit out Keller so we won't make excuses.

If we're playing the no excuses game, Jets should prove they are really the better team.

I I think Mangold will do everything to be back by the Pats game. It is a forgone conclusion he will miss the next two games, but I think he will try to make a go of it against the Pats because it is a huge game.

The Jets need them. Their running game is in the toilet and it was before he went down. Shonn Greene has yet to show that he is a lead back in this league and may be the worst lead back in this division (jury is out on Daniel Thomas who had a good game vs. the Texans). Wayne Hunter has been a turnstyle during the preseason and regular season thus far. The o-line has gone from one of their biggest strengths to a bigger concern.

Yeah, because we aren't missing our starting C too...

And our TE. Maybe they should sit out Keller so we won't make excuses.

If we're playing the no excuses game, Jets should prove they are really the better team.

Well, as painful as this is to admit, under Rexy, they have more sratches on the win side then we do and has made it further in the playoffs, so maybe we should be proving that we are the better team.

If Mangold misses the Pats game he misses another handful of games afterwards because it's that bad. If he's even remotely close he'll play given the Jets obsession and rivalry with the Pats. The question is at what level will he play? No way to really answer that but if he's only 75% and has to go against Vince and company he's not going to be very effective. If he forces his way back into the lineup for the Ravens same deal and playing Ngata and Wilfork back to back will only stress the ankle more.

Ravens vs Jets............god I'll feel dirty rooting for the Ravens. :bricks:

I'd be pretty surprised if Mangold isn't playing in the Pats game. Whether or not he'll be 100%, who knows.

... mangold is trying to talk rex into playing him this week in oakland ...

... rex, quite rightly, will decline ...

... he certainly will be back to play you guys ...

... the better ? would be will he be back for the ravens game ... if the jets win in oakland i would vote no against the ravens ... with the caveat of it being rex's former team & that willl make him more inclined to give in to mangolds wishes to try and beat the ravens ... i also think how well or poorly baxter performs in his place will play a role in the vs. baltimore decision ...

... vs. new england mangold will be there 100% ...

l_j_r

I'd be pretty surprised if Mangold isn't playing in the Pats game. Whether or not he'll be 100%, who knows.

... exactly! ... 100% chance he'll be there ... most likely playing 75-85% healthy ...

l_j_r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back