PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT? Will Nick Mangold miss week 5 vs PATS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With or without him the jets OL is not what it once was ,Wayne Hunter sucks

we PAT fans know you have bad depth especially on the O-Line.:)

LOL, oh, ok spanky!

that is what happens when you spend too much $$$ on your Starters:cool:

it hurts depth quality:)

Huh?

So if Pats lose Mankins, does that mean the Pats paid him too much money?

Same for Brady?

That is just stupid.

Jets happen to have very good depth, turns out their back-up center is also out for another couple of weeks. Dire situation for this week, but they have a good OL, established OG's, and can probably cover for a Mangold loss for a week or 2.

Last edited:
It's easier to play for guys who aren't running all over the place. If he wants to play by week 5, he should be able to. He should be at less than 100% though.

you are right in the running part. You are abolutely right in the not 100% healed Mangold. At the same point though when defenders push you backwards a GR8 deal of force is exerted on the feet and legs... such force could cause gr8 harm to an unhealed high ankle sprain.

Maybe Fat Albert will sit on it???:rocker::rocker::rocker: llol j/k

Rex can't help him much b/c it is the ankle and not Mangold's toes:cool:

JAG team replacements?

Now you're just talking out of your ass. You really don't know anything about the Jets depth.

JAG is probably too kind for your replacement center and Ducasse sucks, so I don't really know why you went full silly with the depth comment.

It's easier to play for guys who aren't running all over the place. If he wants to play by week 5, he should be able to. He should be at less than 100% though.

If he re-injures it, he could be lost for the season. I expect the Jets will try to hold him out until a follow up exam declares him healed.

On the other hand, this will be the toughest part of their schedule, so maybe they'll take the risk. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Wilfork eats Mangold for lunch and spits out his bones

we PAT fans know you have bad depth especially on the O-Line.:)

that is what happens when you spend too much $$$ on your Starters:cool:

it hurts depth quality:)

Only speaking for myself, i don't agree with your opinion on this topic.

Recovery and rehab depend on severity, there was no ligament damage and Nick wanted to back into the game on Sunday, team held him out as a precaution.

He's already lobbying to play this week, he was off crutches and moving around today doing rehab and working with trainers, he doesn't want to miss this week's game.

Best bet, is he misses this week, and probably returns for next week's game against the Ravens, but pretty sure he'll be ready for the Pats game based on his commentary.

This isn't a skill position player, he's not a RB, WR, DB, or LB, he's an OL, and only needs to move in a small space, quite different for the OL'n.

I hope he's back for the Ravens game. Ngata will crush him like grape and he'll miss another 8 weeks.

Wilfork eats Mangold for lunch and spits out his bones

There won't even be any bones when Ngata gets through with him. He'll grind his bones to bake his bread as the giant once said.

If he re-injures it, he could be lost for the season. I expect the Jets will try to hold him out until a follow up example declares him healed.

On the other hand, this will be the toughest part of their schedule, so maybe they'll take the risk. Time will tell.

When have the Jets ever thought long-term? This is the team that made like 6 draft picks in 2 years :lol2:

There won't even be any bones when Ngata gets through with him. He'll grind his bones to bake his bread as the giant once said.

That's swell, solid football talk there. :rolleyes:

Pats are playing a team that has yet to score fewer than 38 points in a game this year three days from now. The quality of the Pats defense was, at minimum, worthy of debate last week.

So why the hell are we discussing not this Sunday's game, not the game that comes after that, but one single player three games from now?

profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilter

Last edited:
Sure seems you are wishing and trying to will your way he will miss 4+ weeks

He won't

He's the best center in the league, but it doesn't change the fact he is an OL'n and not a skill position player and will not be as affected by the injury as skill position players are.

C is not a skill position, but Cantchez needs all the help he can get.

BTW, Jets will lose to Oakland.

LOL, oh, ok spanky!

Huh?

Same for Brady?

That is just stupid.

Jets happen to have very good depth, turns out their back-up center is also out for another couple of weeks. Dire situation for this week, but they have a good OL, established OG's, and can probably cover for a Mangold loss for a week or 2.
At what position do the Jets have "very good depth"? I've glossed over your roster and I'm not seeing it. The Jets starters are very good, the depth is non-existent. Frankly, it's a figment of your imagination.

The way that the Jets will cover the loss of a player is through scheme design and excellent coaching not through "very good depth".

Last edited:
At what position do the Jets have "very good depth"?

Attention whore. If they'd gotten Johnson and Owens, they might have achieved a monopoly.

At what position do the Jets have "very good depth"?

Quarterback. They have access to about 50 guys that they could stick into that offense and be as good as Sanchez :lol2:

Without knowing the severity of the sprain, the most recent applicable example is Pouncey in the playoffs last year. Couldn't play in the Super Bowl even with 2 weeks of recovery time. Considering the magnitude of the game (and there would be an entire offseason to recover after that), it goes to figure that 2 weeks is probably way optimistic. Also considering a month later, there were reports of Pouncey's recovery being on track and surgery not being needed...this could be an extended recovery.

Assuming this isn't a grade 3 (which would likely require surgery) or a grade 1 (wouldn't have needed crutches), Mangold is dealing with the same situation. That makes the Pats game the earliest return, though he likely wouldn't be 100%. Their bye week is week 8 so returning week 9 would give him 7 full weeks of recovery (more likely to be a full recovery) but only 5 missed games.

Considering the opposition during those 5 weeks (@OAK, @BAL, @NE, MIA, SD), I'm not sure Rexy will wait unless the injury is pretty severe. Putting your 3rd string undrafted rookie in front of Seymour, Ngata and Wilfork in consecutive weeks is likely not making the San-grenade feel very secure.

LOL, oh, ok spanky!

Huh?

Same for Brady?

That is just stupid.

Lmao@ the jets have very good depth
Are you serious? Have you snuck a peek at your ENTIRE roster?
I know this is a tough thing to comprehend for jet fans and even their front office .
Then they wonder how we're competetive every year:rolleyes:

Lmao@ the jets have very good depth
Are you serious? Have you snuck a peek at your ENTIRE roster?
I know this is a tough thing to comprehend for jet fans and even their front office .
Then they wonder how we're competetive every year:rolleyes:

So, I, a Jets fan, I don't know the Jets roster, but you, an some others, are going to tell me about the Jets roster?

LMAO

Rex knows feet.....Mangold will be back qicker than you can say "Corns and Cuticles."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back